Florida with 1.5 and almost 4 year old...

(7 Posts)

The villas at the back of WH are the newer ones, but tbh they are all lovely.

curiousgeorgie Thu 04-Apr-13 10:00:26

Thanks everyone! I'm looking At those villa developments.

Is it possible to get flights this early for next October? I can only find them available through a package with Virgin...

Grannylipstick Wed 03-Apr-13 17:53:51

We have stayed in Windsor hills. Great location for Disney. Very well equipped villas and near to the larger supermarkets where you can buy everything you need.

Charliebean Wed 03-Apr-13 11:54:30

We go every summer for 3 weeks. The first time with both of our DC's they were 1 and 4. All had a brilliant time. We always get a villa in Emerald Island or Windsor Hills. Both gated resorts and close to all attractions. You would need a car if you stay there though.We all had a great time at Gatorland. We always go in July/August but when we were talking to a holiday rep last year that lives there she said that October was her favourite time of year as it's still lovely and sunny but not stormy like the summer. You will all have a great time.

I'm there now.
We are staying at Windsor Hills Resort in a villa. We have stayed here once before and the friends were with have been twice too. We know other people who have stayed here. Pricey but worth it. Beautiful villas, playgrounds for little kids too and about 10 mins drive from Disney parks and 30 to Universal.
Book as soon as you can. I hear Oct is a good time to go.
My children are older but by all means pm me and I am happy to answer any questions you have.

curiousgeorgie Tue 02-Apr-13 13:28:18

No disney fans? wink

curiousgeorgie Tue 02-Apr-13 11:00:28

My DH, along with my parents and uni aged brother, want to book Florida for the end of next year when the baby I'm currently pregnant with will be 1.5 ( or just under) and my DD will be almost 4.

I'm hoping to go at a really quiet time as we won't be restricted by school holidays, so was thinking beginning of October or the beginning of November to avoid half term? Has anyone been at these times?

Hoping to rent a 4 bed villa with a pool, can anyone recommend a good area? We'll want to visit all 4 Disney parks, sea world, universal & maybe a waterpark suitable for young children...

I know that my brother wants to do Gatorland but is it entirely safe for really young children??

When's the soonest I can book! I'm very over excited now as my 2yo DD is obsessed with Sofia the First and all things Mickey Mouse grin

Any hints or tips would be brilliant smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now