Crete

(8 Posts)
Buzzardbird Fri 05-Apr-13 23:16:10

That's what I am looking at Alykanas is joined to alykes, you can walk from one t'other. Lots of sc and restaurants so looks nice.

elvisola Fri 05-Apr-13 23:06:58

I have never been but Alykanas gets good reviews in Zante.

Buzzardbird Fri 05-Apr-13 23:05:21

Thank you. We are in same mind miche re football shirts etc. Also now looking at Zante Alykes area. Can't decide...

miche8 Fri 05-Apr-13 14:28:19

Kalives about 30mins from chania airport, we went 2 yrs ago and have booked to go again this year, I book though owners direct, only met a few English people, there were possibly more but as they were older hard to tell. No football shirts and drunk English people. I don't think there's any night life just restaurants and quiet bars, but then we were home by 9pm every night because we have little ones.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 05-Apr-13 11:17:27

Kalives near to Chania is lovely, nice beach and a good number of resaturants but still quiet.

Buzzardbird Mon 01-Apr-13 22:54:09

Thank you miffy, will look into that. smile

AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 01-Apr-13 19:33:54

Elounda - there is self catering accommodation called Elounda Island Villas which has a cafe. it is on the penninsular where is is lovely and quiet but it is very close to town as well. A gorgeous place to stay! Not far from Ayious Nikolaus (sp) too.

Buzzardbird Mon 01-Apr-13 16:23:36

Am looking for recommendations for nice quiet but still plenty of tavernas and restaurants around.
We are Kassioppi, Puerto Pollensa, Olu Deniz type of travellers.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now