Camping in Vendee with the likes of Keycamp

(7 Posts)
EarlyInTheMorning Wed 03-Apr-13 09:13:25

Thank you thank you everyone; I'll start looking into your suggestions.

imtheonlyone Tue 02-Apr-13 21:12:48

The weather is better in the vendee gringrin

makemineapinot Tue 02-Apr-13 21:09:06

Camping mane gernehue in Baden innthe Gulf of Mrbhihan in S Brittany (walk to town/drive to beaches) is amazing, as are camping les deux fontaines (drive to town tho)and camping Acapulco n St Jean de monts. Have. Look at them and feel free to ask any more questions!! M ave campsite of all is in Italy, camping portofelice!!

dreamingofsun Sat 30-Mar-13 18:42:01

carnac is our favourite area, la grangeioire in vendee our favourite site. so we have been to grand metairie 3 times....but maybe not our favourite site. site is fine and from online reviews is probably most spacious in the area. its a castels site which means it passes certain criteria. it is quite large and busy. there are others there ....look at the uk campsites site for reviews. wouldn't go back to vendee

EarlyInTheMorning Sat 30-Mar-13 18:26:45

Hi dreamin thank you for your reply. Your first sentence confuses me a little. So you're saying that you recommend Carnac but you do not recommend grand metaire?

dreamingofsun Sat 30-Mar-13 18:22:57

carnac is our favourite area. been to grand metairie several times - very busy campsite....fine, maybe not our top site, but overall a great holiday. weather here is pretty good. vendee is a bit soulless. brittany - beaches nicer, towns and countryside have more character. buy a detailed map and you will find lovely beaches off beaten track. auray and vannes worth a visit

EarlyInTheMorning Sat 30-Mar-13 17:35:00

Hi! Would you please tell me all about your favourite medium-sized camping resorts in South Brittany or Vendee? Being near a beach is not a must, but being near a town/village is, as is a decent kids club and enough to keep busy within the site, but not so big that kids don't have enough opportunities to meet up in a casual way and make friends. Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now