Where could we go on holiday?

(14 Posts)
specialsubject Mon 01-Apr-13 21:07:54

passports do not need to be updated from maiden names as long as the ticket is booked in the same name. Marriage doesn't change your name.

change it when it expires if you want, waste of £72 otherwise.

frenchfancy Mon 01-Apr-13 18:04:45

My advice would be to find your flights, the cheapest you can get to somewhere hot with ryanair/easy jet then search sites like owners direct for an apartment. Much cheaper than a hotel and you'll save money by self catering some of your meals.

If it were me I would probably go to Valencia, Spain.

Have a great time.

Portofino Sun 31-Mar-13 22:19:33

I might have just booked a weekend there....

Portofino Sun 31-Mar-13 21:58:05

Duinrell is fab.

invicta Sat 30-Mar-13 21:26:08

Why don't you go to Holland?. We stayed at the Duinrell site and visited Ltd of places nearby, including Amsterdam. We stayed with Eurocamp, but other tour operators also have caravan and camping items there.

Madratlady Sat 30-Mar-13 21:22:16

mummymeister I was thinking a last minute deal might be a good idea.

We both have passports but mine is in my maiden name so it needs updating.

We are TTC so if things go our way this might be our last holiday just the 2 of us. Well, we hope it will be.

mummymeister Sat 30-Mar-13 21:13:37

wait until a week or so before you want to go and then just look on line for a deal. if you arent bothered and you have passports then this is a good way to go. £250 each for flights accom, etc isnt much but you might get lucky.

Fluffy1234 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:04:30

Tenby in Wales is fab.

dopeysheep Sat 30-Mar-13 18:59:03

How about the Dordogne? If you could do a mobile home then Port de Limeul has them for 2 people until the end of June for €195.
I booked there a couple of years ago but couldn't go in the end but it looks lovely. You can take a kayak down the river and paddle at the river beach.
I think Sarlat is v close and Bordeaux is the nearest big place.

givemeaclue Sat 30-Mar-13 18:24:52

Have you already got passports as they are about 70 each now

Toasttoppers Sat 30-Mar-13 18:18:37

Majorca is nice, if you stayed in Palma there is the beach, the cathedral, plenty of tapas bars and not too hot at that time of year.

Madratlady Sat 30-Mar-13 16:33:59

Our budget, realistically is as little as possible (but no camping suggestions please). We could probably manage £500-600. We're flexible about when we go but can avoid summer holidays if that'll reduce the cost. I'd like to go over my birthday (1st week of July) or we'd go after the school sumer holidays, which would allow us to save up a bit more.

mummymeister Sat 30-Mar-13 15:46:29

whats your budget OP. £1K, £2K less. can you avoid school hols. which month do you want to go in.

Madratlady Sat 30-Mar-13 15:33:02

Me and DH would like to on holiday this summer. We are on a tight budget though so I'm not sure where would be best for a cheapish holiday. We prefer going places whee there is stuff to do and see. We don't like lying on a beach for an entire week or going out clubbing. One option is a UK holiday but I was also wondering whether we could go abroad without spending a fortune. If we did go abroad I would like to go somewhere warm (doesn't have to be blazing hot) and preferably by the sea.

Please recommend destinations either UK or abroad where we could spend a nice week without breaking the bank.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now