5 children and 1 parent

(11 Posts)
Portofino Mon 01-Apr-13 19:18:37

I would rent a Gite or villa with a pool, maybe on a complex so the kids can make friends and let you have some (much needed I would guess wink peace and quiet. Or if you could stand a mobile home. La Carabasse with Siblu would be fab for those ages. Kids clubs, huge fun fair and mini golf up the road. Walking distance to supermarkets, restaurants, the beach etc. nice delis for takeways. The older ones could have a modicum of independance. Short taxi ride from Beziers airport.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 30-Mar-13 18:53:25

what about a centre parcs type thing. Not everyone'a thing but its a safe environment & your two older ones could do a few things independently too.

givemeaclue Sat 30-Mar-13 18:27:22

A villa or cottage?

MakingAnotherList Sat 30-Mar-13 16:16:53

I'd forgotten that Hilton do that, thanks smile
It's not that I want to pay child prices, just that everything I've tried booking so far specifies that I need to have somebody aged 18+ in each room.

When we go away as a family of four, the DC have shared a room from their early teens, and there's not been a problem. That's when we were paying a "per room" rate. If you're looking to pay for five children's prices, it may be harder. Although I know Hilton charge a reduced rate for children in their own room.

You'll maybe need to count your 15 year old as an adult.

MakingAnotherList Sat 30-Mar-13 15:59:53

Any time during the school holidays as I'm a SAHM.
Budget of up to £3k, but preferably as low as possible because we have our family holiday in December and I'm quite keen to add an extra week onto that.
A cottage sounds like a good idea, I'd have to find one close to public transport though.

MakingAnotherList Sat 30-Mar-13 15:57:37

They are 15, 14, 8, 6 and 1.

We haven't done Europe, except a couple of nights in Rome.

I have been to my local travel agent for inspiration but they just tried to sell me a holiday at a beach with kids clubs. I don't want us all to split up. The teenagers are both very helpful and lovely. The 8 and 6 year olds are girls.

Rosa Sat 30-Mar-13 15:55:49

Many places have comunicating rooms ..ages/ dates / budget might help to help you more....,,

sanam2010 Sat 30-Mar-13 15:50:51

I grew up as one of five with a single mum. I really wouldn't recommend city trips. We used to rent holiday cottages. You could go to Southern or Northern France or take a ferry to Denmark, things like that.

mummymeister Sat 30-Mar-13 15:47:17

what ages are they?

MakingAnotherList Sat 30-Mar-13 14:56:36

DH and I are together and usually get 2 rooms when we go anywhere, 1 adult in each room.
This summer DH cannot have any time off, so I am trying to find something to do with the children.
My first thought was to take them on a Disney cruise, but only 5 fit in one room and there has to be an adult registered in each room.
Then I started looking at doing several city breaks instead, but came across the same problem.
I don't drive so we need to travel by train, boat or plane.
Has anybody taken 5 children on holiday without another adult?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now