Campsites near Venice

(16 Posts)
WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 14-Apr-13 22:45:29

One campsite I wouldnt recommend was Pra Delle Torri. We stayed there a few year's ago. The regular evening spraying to put off mozzies was bad enough but far worse was the compulsory siesta when playgrounds would be shut and all driving in the campsite was prohibited (both of these were enforced).

We also kind of missed the point of Venice. We walked around looking at it saying 'and?'. Possibly didnt help that we lived in NL at the time so canals lacked novelty for us.

Blisscamping Wed 10-Apr-13 14:36:28

Also look at Marina di Venezia, another very popular campsite on the Venetian Riveria. Great for kids.
http://blisscamping.co.uk/countries/camping-in-italy/venetian-riviera/marina-di-venezia/

wohmum Wed 03-Apr-13 22:59:38

I'd second Grden Paradiso, we stayd there last year and had a lovely time,

Tho DS(8) at the time got bitten to bits by mozzies -as did lots of other people there, so not so good if you attract the little buggers!

However, that's probably the same for all the sites in that area , not just Garden Paradiso.

makemineapinot Wed 03-Apr-13 22:54:34

Think they advertise the speedo rule but ds always worse swim shorts! Was mostly Italians wearing speedos and Northern Europeans (minus a few who should have avoided the too tight speedo look!) wearing swim shorts! We did go a few years ago so pack a pair for ur dh just n case, although the shop/local market (10 mins stroll into ten) would sell them.

Portofino Tue 02-Apr-13 20:41:03

What is the swim trunk requirement though, Pinot;-)

makemineapinot Tue 02-Apr-13 20:38:00

Portofelice is perfect! Def one (two actually!) of the best holidays we've ever had! Great location, facilities etc, couldn't ask for more. Would thoroughly recommend x

tungthai Wed 27-Mar-13 20:38:38

Garden Paradiso is very nice. Lovely private beach good restaurants and pools on site.

Portofino Wed 27-Mar-13 20:12:20

They don't need to be speedo ones. You can swimming shorts that are tight but cover more flesh. That is what DH has.

Ninping Wed 27-Mar-13 20:08:47

Thanks everyone. Seriously, only lycra swimming shorts at Union Lido too??!! Agghhh!!! I think I'll pass this search over to DH....

Rosa Wed 27-Mar-13 14:42:42

Union Lido is the biggest I believe but there are quite a few along the same stretch..If you put Camping Cavallino or Campig ca Savio in google they all come up - it easier than listing them all.

Portofino Wed 27-Mar-13 14:31:16

Just saw your other thread re. swimshorts. Union Lido is no different as I recall, and you are supposed to wear a hat - though I just wore a baseball cap.

Fluffy1234 Wed 27-Mar-13 09:40:24

I stayed at Ca'Savio many years ago which is near Venice.

Portofino Wed 27-Mar-13 09:28:05

Get a deck and airco if you can.

Portofino Wed 27-Mar-13 09:26:26

We've been to Union Lido when dd was about 2 and had a fab week. We went in June too. The pools got busy but I think they have extended them since then. The site is huge, lovely beach, plygrounds under the trees. We never even made it to Venice. Portofelice gets good reviews here too. We've been to Park Albatros too - they are quite similar I think.

LIZS Wed 27-Mar-13 09:14:34

There are lots of uneven surfaces and steps so it isn't easy to navigate with a pushchair, otherwise lots of open piazzas for dc to explore, beware near the water though.

Ninping Wed 27-Mar-13 09:12:31

My search has moved from South of France to Venice for our holiday this year. I've been looking at Union Lido and Portofelice campsites and wondered if anyone could offer opinions on either of these or anywhere else in the area? We will be travelling in June with a 1 and 3 year old and like large ish sites with lots going on. Last year we stayed at Parc Albatros which was perfect. Also, is Venice advisable with children of this age? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now