Staycation/ Holiday at home ideas

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 28-Mar-13 19:41:08

Harvester and Beefeater are doing free kids' breakfasts when adults buy one, so that's a good idea. It will get us up and out the house and no cooking for me. Yay!

Jibberoo Thu 28-Mar-13 15:16:18

make sure you get out of the house quickly after waking up - if we're on holiday we don't tend to sit around the rooms do we?
second the breakfast out idea.

chicaguapa Thu 28-Mar-13 15:13:41

Thanks. Some lovely ideas. I'm looking at somewhere for afternoon tea. I think the DC would really enjoy that too!

Fluffy1234 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:39:07

Breakfast or afternoon tea at a local hotel.

Fluffy1234 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:37:55

Perhaps some sort of swimming or a sauna as always think of swimming and holidays together.

apatchylass Mon 25-Mar-13 23:06:58

Go out to a lovely cafe for breakfast?
Go to the nearest cathedral or really beautiful church, rather than your lcoal church, for Easter Day service and join in a locally run Easter egg hunt.
Do touristy things in your local area, like going on a boat trip or visiting a local castle.
Find out a bit about your area - food or things that it's famous for, and buy them as souvenirs.
Get tickets for a show at local theatre or concert hall.

chicaguapa Mon 25-Mar-13 22:27:08

Quite a few years ago there was a TV show where families spent their holiday budget on a holiday at home, the premise being that you save money on travelling and accommodation so you can spend more on luxuries, eg a cook for the week, more expensive days trips.

So this Easter weekend we're doing just that! We have a couple of days out planned. Our cleaner comes on Thursdays, so just in time for the weekend and will mean that we won't have to worry about housework. But we are wondering what else we could do that would make it feel more like a staycation and not just a bank holiday weekend.

Any ideas please. I'm not sure what I'm after really but maybe you could think about what would make your weekend feel more like a holiday and not just a weekend at home. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now