Bugaboo cameleon

(6 Posts)
Justsomehappygirl Mon 25-Mar-13 17:24:52

Hi! Hope someone can help me.

People tell me that the carrycot of the cameleon is suitable for overnight sleeping, I can't seem to find any 'official' information about this anywhere on their website.

Is it safe and a suitable alternative to a travel cot for a few nights? smile

Bluemonkeyspots Mon 25-Mar-13 17:38:22

I asked in mothercare before buying mine and was told they used to advertise it as safe but no longer do so with the newer model.

Not sure if something has happened or not?

Justsomehappygirl Mon 25-Mar-13 22:00:41

Thanks! The lady in John Lewis said it would be ok, but I couldn't find anything to confirm either way. May buy a travel cot to be on the safe side. smile

redandwhitesprinkles Mon 25-Mar-13 22:02:43

I used mine but not the new version.

Boggler Mon 25-Mar-13 22:20:09

Mines a cameleon 2 and the carrycot is definitely suitable for overnight sleeping. If your not sure about the cam3 unzip the mattress cover and if you see ventilation holes in the mattress it's suitable if you don't it isn't.

BranchingOut Sat 30-Mar-13 09:58:36

But lots of travel cots don't seem to have ventilation holes either....the other issue is that you can't tell how a hotel travel cot mattress has been treated.

Sleep is sleep..if we are talking about a baby less than 6m, then surely if it is unsuitable for night time sleep then it is not suitable for daytime naps either...?

The main thing is to follow the usual safe sleep rules - on their back, do not smoke around them, not too hot, no loose covers, feet to foot, in the room with you and, if they are usually a dummy user, give them their dummy as usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now