Looking for a family holiday with some really great childcare. Martinhal, Villa vita or Pine cliffs

(13 Posts)
BranchingOut Wed 24-Apr-13 09:39:30

Ooh, thanks.
Quick question: are the paths there scooter friendly? Wondering if it is worth taking our scooter or not.

Montypig Mon 22-Apr-13 21:48:57

We are just back from martinhal - loved loved loved it - windy though !

Mutley77 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:31:08

We loved Martinhal and the childcare was excellent - the staff were the same that were used for babysitting in the evening as well which was great for us and the kids.

givemeaclue Fri 05-Apr-13 08:57:00

Hooray come back and tell us about it

BranchingOut Thu 04-Apr-13 20:46:35

Update: we are going to Martinhal, hooray! Really looking forward to it and will post an update when we get back.

BranchingOut Mon 25-Mar-13 15:53:29

We do want to go to Scotland at some point, so thanks for the tip!
But we do fancy sunnier climes for our big annual getaway...

HmmmIwonder Mon 25-Mar-13 14:16:12

I don't know where the other places are that you've mentioned, but if you fancy Scotland, Crieff Hydro Hotel in Perthshire is fabulous. Our kids couldnt wait to get to the clubs - and that was a few years ago, the club facilities have all been improved since then. It was the highlight of our year, knowing we could hand them over and they'd be having a great time, all day and evening if they wanted to, leaving us to spend real quality couple time together. Then we'd all get together for the entertainment in the evening, although the kids would have made a load of new friends during the day so we didnt see much of them then either!

BranchingOut Mon 25-Mar-13 14:13:47

I sometimes have a problem getting him in the water for swimming lessons, so it might not be the best option for us!
Thanks anyway.

BranchingOut Mon 25-Mar-13 14:11:12

Anyone had childcare at Sani beach club?

givemeaclue Mon 25-Mar-13 14:09:30

Hi, they wear life jackets not arm bands. Yes the nannies take them out for a potter around in a kayak just off the beach, they love it! But if they don't, they don't have to join in. For the ones that want to they also take them on little boat or catamaran rides. We are talking flat water, no danger of falling in, nanny, sailing instructor. They might dress up as pirates and sing pirate songs. They also go swimming, make cookies, play tennis, games etc. But they do a water based activity every day, you can watch from the beach or go with them. Everything is optional you join in as much or little as you want. It is fab but if you don't think you will use the activities then its prob not for you as you'll be paying for things you won't use.

BranchingOut Mon 25-Mar-13 14:00:54

Thanks, I had a look at Neilson but some of the activities listed for 2-4 year olds gave me the heebie-jeebies: Fun kayaking?
Sea tow-rides? Even if they put them in arm-bands I am just not comfortable with that.... It sounded a bit like 'Its a Knockout' for toddlers! DS would be quite happy in a garden with a mini-kitchen, a water tray and a sand-pit!
Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick about what these activities are?

givemeaclue Mon 25-Mar-13 08:25:34

Neilsonsholidays are fantastic, clubs are organized by age group so 2-4 for your son, pop in or out whenever you want, loads of great activities for kids , fab nannies, evening sleep club a couple evenings per week so you can go out, childrens tea every day etc

BranchingOut Sun 24-Mar-13 08:23:59

Where would you say had the best childcare for a family holiday? We are thinking of Martinhal, Villa Vita and Pine cLiffs, but other suggestions are welcome...

We are going with our son, who will be 3.9 at the time of travel, however he is a bit shy and it is important to us for him to be happy. We would just be thinking of him going a couple of hours each day, so we can relax by the pool etc! He currently goes to a day nursery 2 days per week, but took a loooong time to settle in there. However, he is so much better at all that now and I think it would be feasible.

We are looking for nursery style care, with lots of toys, activities etc and some sensitive and caring adults. He would probably do best with children of under 5 and might flounder a bit in a very busy kids club with lots of 8-9 year olds.
Thanks for any tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now