Accommodation in Paris please!

(10 Posts)
Jezabelle Sat 23-Mar-13 21:58:51

I'm taking DD1 to Paris as her 7th birthday present, (she loves the idea of Paris and has wanted to go for some time). I've booked Eurostar but still need to sort accommodation. It's on the 12th and 13th April so not long away! All I need is a simple, clean double room in an ok area, not a million miles from the centre as we can't waste too much time or money on travelling in and out. As cheap as possible as money is an issue! TIA

LadyEdith Sat 23-Mar-13 22:28:36

The Novotel Eiffel Tower is central, near the metro and family friendly. £142 on 12 April.

IntheFrame Sun 24-Mar-13 07:54:52

This is next door to the Louvre (complete bonus as Louvre is so tiring this one. It's also near the river and has some interesting rooms. £150 a night for a stay for 2 nights 12th/13th.

scarfaceace Sun 24-Mar-13 08:05:22

We are in Paris the weekend before and we're staying at the Mercure Paris Monty Opera. It's pretty central and the station is less than a mile away so within walking distance when we get off Eurostar - no faffing about trying to get the Metro or taxi. www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0981-mercure-paris-monty-opera/index.shtml

Jezabelle Mon 25-Mar-13 11:45:52

Thanks for all the replies. IntheFrame, that hotel looks amazing but only has superior rooms left now which are £££ I know you pay for what you get, but am starting to think that I need to be a bit further away from the centre as I can't really afford £300 for the two nights! Maybe near a Metro which can get me into the centre quickly. All I need is a small, simple, clean double in an area where we will feel safe. Would be nice if it had a nice restaurant nearby to eat on the night we arrive, but not essential.

IntheFrame Mon 25-Mar-13 18:26:58

Ok. This one appears in many a tourist guide www.hotelgobelins.com/en/price-lists-and-booking.html but might already be full.

JaponicaTroggs Mon 25-Mar-13 18:31:38

We stayed at an Ibis hotel in Rue Cambronne last year. It was fine, nice area within 20 min walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, room was small but clean, nice hotel, nice restaurants just outside, right next to a Metro station. We had no complaints! It was about £200 for two nights so quite reasonable for central Paris. www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-1400-ibis-paris-tour-eiffel-cambronne-15eme/index.shtml

MrsSalvoMontalbano Mon 25-Mar-13 18:43:24

Can recommed the hotel petit belloy in st germain. I have stayed several times on business, but it is not a 'business' hotel, small, quirky, parisan, lovely! On booking.com is free cancellation and free breakfast. Just off the boulevard st michel, opposite the Cluny metro station, )cpnnecteed to st michel rer). 5 mins walk from notre dame in one direction and jardin de lux in the other - latin quater cheap good restaurats locally.i

Milliways Tue 26-Mar-13 17:16:49

We staryed at Hotel-des-Artes in Montmartre. It is next to the metro at the Moulin Rouge, and a few mins walk from the Sacre Coeur - which has a fab square of little restaurants with set price meals where you can eat and watch the street artists etc. £304 for those 2 nights in a twin room - 1 twin room still available. here

Jezabelle Thu 28-Mar-13 14:50:39

Thanks so much all! IntheFrame I have booked Hotel Gobelin! Looks perfect. Cosy, clean, in a great area, has great reviews and all at less than £100 per night! Can't wait to take my gorgeous big girl on her first trip to Paris!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now