Ryanair buggy help please

(10 Posts)
queenofthepirates Fri 03-May-13 19:21:25

I've travelled with buggies with Ryanair and EasyJet and both have made it super easy in the UK. They let you take the buggy up to the plane and normally let you on first and sit you together at no extra cost. I suggest turning up early to make it easier for them to look after you though!

Do bear in mind that you might not get your buggy back until the baggage carousel at the other end so there can be quite a walk with kids and hand luggage to the terminal. Travel as light as possible and give the kids sweets as you take off and land to stop ears from popping painfully.

MiniMooP Thu 02-May-13 16:19:42

Hello
I just thought I'd add to this thread as I am about to travel with my 2 year old by myself from Stansted with RyanAir. I also phoned them (0871 246 0000 - 10p per minute from landline - www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contacting-customer-service) and spoke to a helpful advisor after waiting only 30 seconds! He said:
No you don't need to pay - buggies for over 2s are ok as well.
You can take the buggy all the way to the gate (although online it says you can take infant pushchairs to the plane boarding steps.
They will then put it in the hold.
You don't need to do anything online beforehand (so I think you don't need to tick the box that says carrying infant equipment because this refers to the other infant items you are able to carry in addition to a buggy).
You don't need to get a luggage tag from baggage check-in (though I will be labelling my buggy with a tag anyway and turning up early just in case!)
You don't need to put it in a bag (though I will be removing all detachable/rippable bits!)
I plan to take an old style Bugaboo Bee - I checked on website and the new ones weigh around 8.5kg - the max.
RyanAir weight limit for pushchairs is 20kg but he seemed very relaxed about this - I guess they don't have weighing apparatus to check at the gate.
Pushchairs have to be 'fully collapsible'.
I'll try and remember to update this thread if I have any problems - at end of June 2013!

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 16-Mar-13 17:32:53

6,4 and 2. Will have DH with me too so I'm just being a bit wet. smile
Rang RA today and they said I can take a buggy and won't charge so that's good :-).

janek Sat 16-Mar-13 14:49:42

Also, don't forget that your no-longer-infant dd is entitled to her own 10kg of carry on luggage.

janek Sat 16-Mar-13 14:48:46

Sorry, i couldn't think of the right word - they will put on a luggage label like the one that goes on a checked suitcase with a barcode and codes for the airports to show it's going on the right plane.

And please don't worry, you will be fine. How old are your dcs?

Rosa Sat 16-Mar-13 14:45:34

They will put luggage lablel on either at check in or at the gate. I have no idea if Ryan Air charge or not .... I believe that they shouldn't but they will try anything.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 16-Mar-13 14:38:11

What do I need to put on label?
First time I've flown with the kids and I'm dreading it.

janek Sat 16-Mar-13 12:49:03

Don't forget that even if you're not checking luggage (do you have one of these, btw?), you will still need a label for the pushchair. I once didn't allow time for this and was luckily allowed to jump the (massive) queue and did not miss my plane.

janek Sat 16-Mar-13 12:42:14

I've taken one for dd2 after she's turned two. I think. I'll try to remember, but i'm sure i have!

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sat 16-Mar-13 12:37:55

Does anyone know if I can take a buggy on for a non infant? DD had just turned 2 so I need to take a buggy with us. I understand you can take one for under 2s but not clear about when they are no longer an infant. Are they going to charge me another small fortune?
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now