Am I the only one who's thinking of a last-minute weekend break over Easter?

(10 Posts)
shouldibecrossaboutthis Sun 24-Mar-13 14:27:16

its sunny in benidorm!

FrameyMcFrame Fri 22-Mar-13 18:46:13

I was thinking about it but the weather looks shit everywhere so I think I'll save my pennies and book something warm for half term instead. Then we've got something to look forward to.

mummatotwo Thu 14-Mar-13 11:19:04

watching with interest....

knitcorner Wed 13-Mar-13 22:18:17

Barcelona at Easter is grim, EVERYThing closes and the weather is shocking, save the flight money and find a hotel in the uk with a sauna and pool!

Fluffy1234 Wed 13-Mar-13 22:10:42

If you are only going for a couple of nights I think the U.k is better. How about a luxury hotel near some good day out places?

chicaguapa Wed 13-Mar-13 19:22:37

Oh that's not good then. Further afield = more expensive.

Might look if any ski resorts are looking like they might still have snow. From one extreme to the other eh? No wonder DH can't keep up. wink

mummymeister Wed 13-Mar-13 17:09:33

parents just got back from usa cooler than usual and fil went to madeira and he said it was "freezing". weather not that good across europe so if you are going fairly local then take plenty of warm clothes or go a lot further afield for good weather.

givemeaclue Wed 13-Mar-13 14:48:40

Check weather its been very rainy in Spain

Tortington Wed 13-Mar-13 13:30:46

theres a site called cheap flights - if you google that it will come up

then when you have your cheap flight - hop on over to travel republic and book your room.

smile

chicaguapa Wed 13-Mar-13 13:19:42

Like everyone else I'm just so fed up of the dreary weather and have started hankering after a 2 or 3 night break somewhere reasonably warm over the bank holiday weekend. For as little money as possible, of course! wink

My first thought was to go to Barcelona as we have friends we can stay with over there. But the flights are £400+ for all of us. Which I know is still pretty good, but it's more than I was hoping to have to spend.

Any ideas or bargain finds?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now