3 days in family hotel, UK - 3 children under 6

(13 Posts)
BobbiFleckmann Sat 09-Mar-13 20:25:41

o hang on, can't believe I forgot the Grove! Superb facilities for sport / spa / children, I like the stables restaurant and the hot house one is quite amusing in a bling sort of way The Manor house rooms are much nicer, but I don't think they do adjoining rooms for families in that bit - the new rooms are quite bog standard but nice art in the halls / stuffed donkeys in the rooms and dvd machines, milk and cookies at bed time. Best spa I've ever been to. Lovely gym. GORGEOUS pool. Love it there though Watford is not quite as pretty as Tetbury though why you'd want to leave the place I don't know (really don't rate Stoke Park by the way, and they seriously overplay the child friendliness)

BobbiFleckmann Sat 09-Mar-13 20:19:03

Calcot Manor is absolutely LOVELY - great rooms (nice decor), two good restaurants, full Ofsted reg'd creche, spa with outdoor hot tub they bring you champagne in, lovely grounds and just outside Tetbury if you're into antiquing. Hated Woolley Grange - left after one night to go back to Calcot for the 3rd time. It is streets ahead of Woolley, which we found grossly overpriced for grotty accommodation, mediocre food and nothing for the adults to do.

If you want to spend less, the Chine and Sandbanks hotels in Bournemouth are good with kids.

We've got a voucher for the treehouse at Chewton Glen which looks amazing but the extras bill might well bankrupt me - it's VERY £££

Luxlittleones Sat 09-Mar-13 20:07:59

Thanks - please do and get in touch if you need any help.

Lucknam Park has a playground but in the holidays puts on kids activities so this Easter they have lots on for the kids so you can have some time to yourselves to indulge in the Spa!

Luxlittleones Sat 09-Mar-13 20:07:47

Thanks - please do and get in touch if you need any help.

Lucknam Park has a playground but in the holidays puts on kids activities so this Easter they have lots on for the kids so you can have some time to yourselves to indulge in the Spa!

givemeaclue Fri 08-Mar-13 12:29:37

Also I like your website lux an looking ahead to 2014 as already booked for this year my hols, will have a browse

givemeaclue Fri 08-Mar-13 12:27:20

Lux, I am interested as to why you think lucknam would be good for op as she wants a creche or kids club and I didn't think it had either, has it changed?

Crieff hydro has good reviews but possibly too far given it is in Scotland.

Luxlittleones Fri 08-Mar-13 10:20:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bayleaf25 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:50:49

Bedruthan Steps is meant to be great, especially for the under 6 age.x

Fluffy1234 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:47:35

Knoll House in Dorset is fab but it does tend to get fully booked quite early. It has crèche, kids tea, baby listening, adult meals, family swim times etc.

givemeaclue Wed 06-Mar-13 18:16:07

they have creche, babysitting, pool, kids high tea etc

givemeaclue Wed 06-Mar-13 18:15:07

Calcot manor is great, prob not as trendy as bab house but great for families and time off from kids! In the Cotswolds

vinetime Wed 06-Mar-13 15:05:00

Hi all,

Thinking about getting away for a few days that first week in April (the one that begins Easter Monday).

We live in London and have a 5 1/2 year old, a 3 year old, and an 18 month old. Looking to go somewhere that is stylish and fun for grownups but also great for kids. We went to Babington House in Somerset a few times and loved the fact that the kids could enjoy the kids club/creche for a few hours which allowed us to relax, have spa treatments etc. They also had lovely, reliable babysitters and everything inside was set up for families etc.

But it is sooo expensive, and we would like a change. Heard mixed reviews of places like Moonfleet Manor (the luxury family hotels group) - any feedback or other ideas would be very welcome. Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now