Anyone been too EGYPT recently? Is it too dangerous?

(9 Posts)
womblesmissus Tue 26-Mar-13 12:00:45

Returned from my first visit to Sharm yesterday. Had a lovely relaxing time, loads of snorkelling a wee shot at diving and lots of sun. Must admit we didn't venture far which is unusual for us on holiday, but felt really safe once there and the Egyptians we met were great, happy to talk about what is happening there. definitely want to go back for the diving.

everlong Fri 22-Mar-13 13:46:35

I'm going to Taba heights on Tuesday. I need some sun and recharge.
Will only be staying at the resort so hopefully will be safe.

Egypt is a beautiful place.. can't wait for some snorkelling smile

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 20-Mar-13 12:45:06

Hurghada - Benidorm for Russians.

I went 15 years ago when it was a simple fishing town.

It's absolutely wrecked now.

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 20-Mar-13 12:44:16

What kind of danger are you envisaging?

Terrorism - there is a great level of security, most tourist buses will have an armed guard in plain clothes on board and there are checks on city borders etc.

Pharoah's revenge - sitting on a toilet weeping with dehydration for a week and needing an injection in your buttocks - more likely for some!

MOSagain Thu 07-Mar-13 16:14:49

I went to Hurghada 2 weeks ago, no problems apart from the hotel being full of one particular nationality wink

GetOrf Wed 06-Mar-13 15:25:39

I went just before Christmas - Hurghada and Luxor. It was fine. We didn't go to Cairo as they were holding the elections and it probably wouldn't have been advisable but other than that it was great.

Stokey Wed 06-Mar-13 15:23:18

I'm going tomorrow, 11mth old & 3 yr old. Foreign Office says Sharm is ok but keep watching. Dh was a bit unsure, but in the end decided pros - relatively close, warm, cheap - outweighed the cons - potential civil unrest.

maisiejoe123 Wed 06-Mar-13 14:34:12

I went a few years ago. Highly recommend the Four Seasons.....

LexieH Wed 06-Mar-13 14:20:00

Hi we are thinking of going to a resort in Sharm El Sheikh in April and my feelings are being in a resort will be fine but just wondered about others views to travelling to Egypt with a 19 month old please?

thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now