Malaysia / Borneo / South East Asia with children

(29 Posts)
Bayleaf25 Tue 05-Mar-13 13:59:14

We are hoping to have a 3 week holiday next year with the kids and are thinking about Malaysia (KL and Langkawi) and then maybe a Borneo extension.

If anyone has done anything like this I would love to hear about your holiday.

If this works out very expensive we may consider Thailand (or anywhere else in S.E Asia instead.). If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear about them.

What is the best time of year to visit Langkawi / Borneo??

Thanks for any thoughts / advice.
Bayleaf25x

footyfan Fri 08-Mar-13 00:01:12

If you fancy that part of Thailand again, then how about staying in Krabi and going out to some of the islands from there (Koh Lanta etc)?

Nice dilemma to have!

GrumpyKat Sat 16-Mar-13 14:42:43

I like KL, it's a proper city but not too big and easy to get around. We go every year on our way out to Thailand/Bali etc and it's far easier with kids than Bangkok
I second Koh Lanta, it's lovely and really good for kids with long safe beaches.
You do need antimalarials to go up to Sabah but you can travel to Kuching without.
Dd is always happy in KL, you could also look at the Perhentians or Lang Tengah in Malaysia if you want quiet. On the west coast LGK is nice but also quiet, and Penang has the most awesome food.
SIN has plenty to do, the zoo is awesome.
Bali?

suburbophobe Fri 22-Mar-13 09:16:42

Astelia, I am going to Tioman. Will be there for a week grin

Astelia Fri 22-Mar-13 11:01:11

Hope you have a lovely time, the diving/snorkelling should be good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now