anyone been to Dalyan in Turkey?

(13 Posts)

It's nice, but quite touristy with little traditional Turkish food to be found. The day long boat trips are incredible though.

Lizzylou Tue 05-Mar-13 12:41:36

We were in a pension type place with lovely rooms, dinner was in the garden with hosts providing bbq and salad/meze type dishes, with fairylights. Was lovely. All booked as part of trip. Looked to be lots of similar places and lots of places to eat as well.

It may be best going either beginning of summer holidays or end, or maybe whitsun week?

I am very envy we really loved it there, very different in feel to the AI hotel we'd just come from on outskirts of Icmeler. Lovely town to wander around during the evening, little shops etc. Lycian tombs are lit up at night. Lovely.

alittleteapot Tue 05-Mar-13 10:46:15

oh yes 30+ degrees. Hmm... should have sorted it for Easter!

hermioneweasley Mon 04-Mar-13 21:23:47

I would think it would be very hot in the summer

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 21:18:26

anyone else been?

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 19:09:12

thanks. did you hotel, apartment or what? will have a browse on trip advisor later...

Pendipidy Mon 04-Mar-13 19:05:15

I did a trip there and thought at the time i would come back to stay there. Gorgeous beach, turtles and mud! Nice little harbour and shops. I would def recommend.

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 19:02:35

lovely, thanks. I think I'm sold on going there so just need to find a place to stay...

Lizzylou Mon 04-Mar-13 18:57:12

We did an overnight stop, mud bath and rivercruise in dalyan at the end of our trip 2 yrs ago. Gorgeous place, dh wished we'd stayed there all week. Beach is fab, town is lovely, saw turtles and the dc loved it too.

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 18:53:33

It's a town in Turkey near a famous beach where turtles breed.

givemeaclue Mon 04-Mar-13 17:02:07

Is that the dalyan peninsula? Rings a bell

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 17:00:43

alittleteapot Mon 04-Mar-13 12:02:42

Want to do a nice relaxing holiday this summer but with some added interest and this sounds great. Starting to research where we might stay and wondered if anyone had been and had recommendations or tips where NOT to go.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now