First singles holiday? Any recommendations?

(3 Posts)
EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 04-Mar-13 14:07:52

Thanks thanks Nanny.

Nannytwotimes Mon 04-Mar-13 13:58:12

Hi. I've been there and done the 'singles' thing for the past 10 yrs and had some fab holidays with Solos. Choose something you like doing anyway and then just go! You will learn each time. Other companies accept single people (at extra cost) and some cruise companies allow singles to have a double berth last minute! My favourite is RCL. Until you are single you don't know how many of us there are out there. I went from no single friends to 10 in no time! Keep an eye out for a friend who you could travel with too. My biggest piece of advice is ' don't waste any opportunity, ' your life could change for something much better'!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 04-Mar-13 11:49:42

I'm recently divorced and dickhead is taking the DCs to Florida this July for a week. I don't want to mope around at home so was thinking of doing a singles holiday. I can afford around £1,500 for a one off holiday. Would like somewhere warm and a few tours or walks but I'm not fit enough for mountains! I'm 48. Because I'm so restricted on dates, it might just be a case of what's available that week.

Is it scary? Will it be all women of a 'certain age?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now