Dubrovnik

(13 Posts)
MadelineWolfe Wed 03-Apr-13 12:42:23

Dubrovnik is beautiful, you can check main sight in Dubrovnik here Old town wasbuilt during &th centurz and it|s amazing. You should check the town's wall, fountain Big Onofrio or Fortress Minčeta it's worth to see it!

overseasdad Sun 10-Mar-13 13:33:51

Do you have access to a car??. If so try and cross over the border to Montenegro and get to the bay of Kotor...utterly stunning. It's only about 1.5 hrs drive and well worth it. My wife, DD and I drove up to Dubrovnik a few weeks ago...a very pleasant 15c a...and no crowds!

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Fri 08-Mar-13 12:47:28

Aah, we went to Kolocep too Fluffy!

Bunbaker Tue 05-Mar-13 19:44:26

Wow, thank you for your suggestions.

Fluffy1234 Tue 05-Mar-13 16:07:12

I stayed on Kolocep island which is also one of the Elaphite islands. That also has a sandy beach. You get there by ferry which goes 4 times a day, takes about 30 minutes and no cars are allowed on the island which is pretty cool. You can canoe right round it and there is just one hotel, a few restaurants and the most beautiful sunsets as it's in an almost landlocked bay.
When you fly into Dubrovnik be sure to look out of the window as you will see about one thousand islands, it's absolutely an incredible view.

Elafitska Tue 05-Mar-13 15:52:16

Another "Dubrovnik must":

There are lots of expensive restaurants in the old town. But I can recommend a very good and cheap one:

Locanda Pescaria

--> right in front of the old harbor. Small selection of typical mediterranean food at a small price. And the best: everything is fresh!

Best regards,
Melanie

Elafitska Tue 05-Mar-13 15:49:06

If you are in the mood for a beach day, make a day trip with ferry boat Postira to Lopud, one of the three inhabited Elaphites islands. The Sunj bay is a wide sandy bay with knee deep water - ideal for young children.

Best regards,
Melanie

www.lopud-island.com

AllBellyandBoobs Mon 04-Mar-13 22:53:37

Mljet is very beautiful. The locals promenade up and down the main street in the old town after dinner, meeting friends, eat ice cream. It's great, join in or sit down and watch. Such a lovely place.

Bunbaker Mon 04-Mar-13 22:48:48

Thanks all.

Bessie123 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:58:49

There is an island near Dubrovnik that is a national park, I think it's called mljet. It is supposed to be beautiful.

Definitely a walk around the walls

Pizza
Ice cream
Drinks overlooking the water.

Fluffy1234 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:51:18

A walk on the walls is a must.

Bunbaker Sun 03-Mar-13 17:35:25

We have booked a holiday for the end of May staying on the Lapad peninsula, but very close to Dubrovnik - a place I have wanted to visit for a long time.

Can anyone advise me of not to be missed sights and things to do, where to eat etc. We have been to Croatia before and loved it BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now