Recommendations for week long holiday 25 weeks pregnant

(11 Posts)
dinkystinky Sun 03-Mar-13 21:52:01

Hi Duende - we first stayed in punts mujeres a fishing village - its a good 40 minutes away from the big resorts but lovely - sea water rock pools there, some good fish restaurants, v quiet. Last time and this time we are staying in self catering in Arrieta - where the locals beach is - less than a miles walk to the beach (which has small playground, tapas restaurant and posh fish restaurant) and some nice local fish restaurants and a bakery there.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 03-Mar-13 21:31:00

We stayed here www.corfu-greece.com/corfupalace/ when I was pregnant. It was lovely because it had a very quiet small pool and was within walking distance of Corfu town.
There was little to do on the island ( we found anyway) which was great as it gave me an excuse to relax by the pool and just read magazines.

Disclaimer - it was a wee while ago so it may be different now.

We like Tenerife as a holiday destination( I actually found Lanzarote windier than Tenerife !) but have only been as a family. The Iberostar Anthelia which we love, also has an adults only hotel which is the Iberostar Salome which I imagine would be nice.

duende Sun 03-Mar-13 21:30:39

dinkystinky where in Lanzarote have you been and where are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

dinkystinky Sun 03-Mar-13 21:23:54

Same as Duende - we are off to lanzarote (where we've been twice before) when 28 weeks pregnant. We have been to Tenerife too but found it windier than lanzarote.

Sashabella0 Sun 03-Mar-13 21:20:27

Thanks for the recommendations. Think we might go with Tenerife. smile

duende Thu 28-Feb-13 21:45:22

We are going to lanzarote mid April and I will be at a similar stage of pregnancy. It should be warm enough, I didn't fancy going long haul for just a week.

When I was pregnant with DS we went to Tenerife for a week in April and we really enjoyed it.

MaMaPo Wed 27-Feb-13 19:58:14

This was an amazing place we went to when i was about 26 weeks - loved it

www.anemomilosapartments.com

We went to Cyprus when I was about 24 weeks - hot, lazy, did nothing except lounge in and by pool. Not v interesting culturally to be honest but was perfect for what we wanted. Don't normally have lazy hols like that but it fit the bill and a 5-hour flight was fine.

specialsubject Wed 27-Feb-13 19:44:09

remember everywhere tropical is a dengue risk (although you have to be unlucky) and obviously you can't go anywhere malarial.

Canaries? Not too far and plenty of lovely spots.

noramum Wed 27-Feb-13 11:17:22

How about the US? I am sure you will be able to find resorts in Florida within reach of hospitals.

You will have to check your travel insurance, my stated that cover was only up to 27 weeks, so 26 included for the whole time of the trip.

Sashabella0 Tue 26-Feb-13 22:29:49

Hi,

DH and I are expecting our first baby. It's taken a long time, but its finally happened!

We both have taken a week off work mid April and would like to go abroad. I'm thinking lazy days by the pool/beach as I've been quite tired.

I'd like somewhere hot. We were thinking of the Caribbean, but bring pregnant for the first time we are slightly anxious about medical facilities.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now