First holiday as a single parent?

(6 Posts)
Geordieminx Tue 26-Feb-13 15:05:55

Being waited on hand and foot sounds appealing....

Wonder whether there is more scope for befriending folk on a package rather than a cruise?

whateveritakes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:27:10

Mine was 4 and was a bit scared of the kids club on his own. I reckon at 6 they would be fine. I just lay around by the kids pool and got a tan while a nice man brought me a cold beer every now and again and my son played with the other little ones.
I wanted to take my son on the excursions so that was fine - it was lovely not to have to think up any entertainment. it was all done.

ToddlersRFab Mon 25-Feb-13 21:18:47

I have never thought of going on a cruise with my DS(5) so I am going to watch this post.

Geordieminx Mon 25-Feb-13 21:08:45

We did s cruise when he was 4, he loved it, just worried that it would be very full on just ds and I... And I wouldn't get a minutes peace blush is that bad?

whateveritakes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:05:29

Cruise. You have more options as you are visiting different locations- at 6 they will love to visit some famous sights or you can leave them safe on board. Then you have the option of kids clubs in the evening but I took mine to see the shows.
He still thinks the cruise was the best ever - mainly because the huge ship was completely fascinating to him!

Geordieminx Mon 25-Feb-13 20:53:22

Apologies for ramblings... Just trying to get done advice and put my mind at rest.. hmm

First year as a single parent, ds will be 6. Looking at summer holidays and although in the past we've been fairly adventurous with holidays I'm feeling s bit nervy. Looking to have a lovely holiday, up to £2k I think.. Just concerned about going alone/it being totally stressful/ds not enjoying it.. Yadda yadda.

I know it will be fine, I know I'll cope... I'm just undecided about where we should go. Main ideas at the moment are 5* huge hotel in Turkey with great reviews booked through travel agent so no hassle with transfers etc... Or city break/Disney cruise combo?

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I guess I just want a fab holiday for ds and as relaxing holiday as possible for me! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now