First holiday as a single parent?

(6 Posts)
Geordieminx Mon 25-Feb-13 20:53:22

Apologies for ramblings... Just trying to get done advice and put my mind at rest.. hmm

First year as a single parent, ds will be 6. Looking at summer holidays and although in the past we've been fairly adventurous with holidays I'm feeling s bit nervy. Looking to have a lovely holiday, up to £2k I think.. Just concerned about going alone/it being totally stressful/ds not enjoying it.. Yadda yadda.

I know it will be fine, I know I'll cope... I'm just undecided about where we should go. Main ideas at the moment are 5* huge hotel in Turkey with great reviews booked through travel agent so no hassle with transfers etc... Or city break/Disney cruise combo?

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I guess I just want a fab holiday for ds and as relaxing holiday as possible for me! grin

whateveritakes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:05:29

Cruise. You have more options as you are visiting different locations- at 6 they will love to visit some famous sights or you can leave them safe on board. Then you have the option of kids clubs in the evening but I took mine to see the shows.
He still thinks the cruise was the best ever - mainly because the huge ship was completely fascinating to him!

Geordieminx Mon 25-Feb-13 21:08:45

We did s cruise when he was 4, he loved it, just worried that it would be very full on just ds and I... And I wouldn't get a minutes peace blush is that bad?

ToddlersRFab Mon 25-Feb-13 21:18:47

I have never thought of going on a cruise with my DS(5) so I am going to watch this post.

whateveritakes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:27:10

Mine was 4 and was a bit scared of the kids club on his own. I reckon at 6 they would be fine. I just lay around by the kids pool and got a tan while a nice man brought me a cold beer every now and again and my son played with the other little ones.
I wanted to take my son on the excursions so that was fine - it was lovely not to have to think up any entertainment. it was all done.

Geordieminx Tue 26-Feb-13 15:05:55

Being waited on hand and foot sounds appealing....

Wonder whether there is more scope for befriending folk on a package rather than a cruise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now