Leaving the kids at home

(5 Posts)
Sixtiesmax Sat 23-Feb-13 16:18:20

What about when the kids are older, would you think about it more then? With the exception of MOSagain and the teen clean....I guess childcare is an issue unless you have family close? Thanks to everyone replying, am new here so this is all virgin territory.

MOSagain Sat 23-Feb-13 08:58:23

LOL, I returned home from a week away at 1am this morning having left DD aged 16 home alone. It will take me until my next holiday to tidy and clean the house. Never again, never!

noramum Sat 23-Feb-13 08:13:51

Due to work DH and I often have to leave home for a week and I also had to go for two weeks so had to "confess" that I was also sightseeing and having fun.

DD is ued to it since birth and normally accept its. She sometimes comes and say "I want my daddy/mummy" but usually a phonecall or better skyping helps.

But I wouldn't go on holiday with DH and leave her alone. An overnight trip where she has a sleepover, yes but not more.

I am on a weekend away, Spa holiday, at the moment. DD wasn't too keen but as it was a birthday present it was ok. I love my days away, peace in the morning, breakfast without rush, no interruptions while reading. But I also love the feeling of DD running towards me at the airport and having her in my arms after 5 days.

whateveritakes Fri 22-Feb-13 23:02:13

Left my son for week to go on a work trip. He screamed so loudly when I left the neighbours had all been talking about it (he was 7). That evening was fine on the phone, next day he was he went to a friends and a day later he wasn't even bothered to come to the phone as he was "busy as his friends were round".

He's cross if he thinks I've done fun things without him.If I say I've been sunbathing and drinking wine he's not bothered as that is boring.

Sixtiesmax Fri 22-Feb-13 20:23:28

Hello Friday Nighters,

There was a recent news story about Asia Airlines child-free zones on flights. You can get a quiet zone off limits to kids younger than 12.

What's your thoughts about leaving the kids at home? Been there, done that? How was it for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now