Bluestone or Center Parcs

(11 Posts)
Panadbois Fri 22-Feb-13 16:07:00

For a romantic weekend/ midweek break?

Not looking for adventure, just some luxury, spa treatments, wine and good food, long walks etc.......

Where would you go?

givemeaclue Fri 22-Feb-13 16:40:53

Neither! If is just you and partner go to a spa hotel instead, neither of those are romantic!

Panadbois Fri 22-Feb-13 17:49:28

Okay fair enough, maybe relaxing instead then.

I do fancy the self catering accommodation these places offer, so I don't need to be up and ready to face the world to go down for breakfast. And then different options for dinning out.

You've been to both Giveme?

bacon Fri 22-Feb-13 17:52:37

Wouldnt wont get romance, peace or good food at centre parcs.

Get a cottage near the sea.

givemeaclue Fri 22-Feb-13 18:34:03

Yes been to both. Would not call them luxury, if you plan on self catering you could get a cosy cottage. Why would you want to go somewhere with loads of kids everywhere? Is that relaxing?

EMS23 Fri 22-Feb-13 18:51:24

Have also been to both and agree they are pretty kid centric. However, if I was choosing btwn the two for an adult break I'd probably do Bluestone.
It's generally a more relaxed atmosphere than CP's, the 'posh' restaurant is nice and you can get off site easily if you wish with plenty of lovely pubs etc around that area.

I didn't go to the spa at Bluestone but it looked nice so if I was there without kids, I'd give that a go.

EMS23 Fri 22-Feb-13 18:52:06

Oh and if you do Bluestone, hire a golf buggy.

AmandinePoulain Fri 22-Feb-13 18:55:52

I've been to both (Longleat CP) and I preferred Bluestone. It's much quieter and more like a village than CP, the pool is far nicer (although smaller), the restaurants aren't chains and you aren't so 'trapped' - it's far easier to get back to your car and explore the local area. I didn't use the spa in either (pesky kids grin) so I can't comment on that.

Panadbois Fri 22-Feb-13 19:27:32

Thanks everyone.

Listening to other people's kid isn't my ideaof relaxing either tbh, but was hoping on going mid week to avoid school age kids, and they won't be in the spa will they.

Lots to think about. Any other ideas gratefully received grin

Fluffy1234 Fri 22-Feb-13 19:38:14

Loose Hill hotel in the Peak District is lovely.

Plipplops Wed 27-Feb-13 21:07:50

If you can afford it The Scarlet hotel in Cornwall is amaaazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now