Travel Insurance & Health Issue - advice needed please

(4 Posts)
rockinhippy Wed 20-Feb-13 12:43:10

I just realised this morning that recent diagnosis of yet another health problem is likely to impact on my getting adequate travel insurance cover, especially as i had problems last year when trying to update the travel cover on our home insurance -

Along with a condition not relevant to travel that they already knew about, I thought I'd best let them know about the new high blood pressure diagnosis & treatment - cue demand for an extra £160 for our trip to Egypthmm - DH was mightly p'd off as its meant to be a cheaper option as he works for the company, so he did look into it & argued the point - turns out as it was minor & treatment working I was already covered & no extra charge.

So I am expecting problems again, more so this time & want to be well prepared before we book a holiday.

I have just been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease (Stage 3) & the BP meds I'm currently on keep it under control, I've still to see the Renal unit, but so far no actual treatable cause found.

Has anyone travelled abroad with this & managed to get insurance cover & if so any advice ??

TIA smile

Knowsabitabouteducation Tue 26-Feb-13 23:12:53

We had a problem with DD's health in that she had been hospitalised with asthma within a year of our travelling. This meant that we could not use 'High Street' policies.

We got good cover with AXA-PPP - an annual worldwide policy for 7 of us, with pre-existing conditions for about £200.

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 26-Feb-13 23:47:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummymeister Wed 27-Feb-13 10:45:50

We use columbus direct as DD has heart disease. FIL is in his late 80's and they insured him for a reasonable cost too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now