Flying with a newborn

(8 Posts)
space21 Thu 21-Feb-13 13:24:02

Not as far as I can see. There's nothing on the websites.

SW1XMother Thu 21-Feb-13 09:59:17

space21
Can't you express-order them?

space21 Wed 20-Feb-13 20:05:41

Thanks for the tips. Yes just found out there will be a big issue with the passports. Need "at least 6 weeks" to get one so that's that unless baby decides to come early!

My only comments would be:

Will the airline allow the baby to fly? Some are 7 days but others are around the 7 week mark.

If baby is late, what about passports?

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Wed 20-Feb-13 12:05:31

Check with the airline how old the baby must be to be allowed to fly. There will be a minimum age and, if baby goes overdue this might become an issue.

If there is a possibility of there being an issue you might be better advised to leave booking flights until after birth - you could drive and get ferry across if not able to fly.

Would there be an issue with passports - will be a bit of a rush to get passport in time, will you be able to get this fast tracked from France?

SW1XMother Tue 19-Feb-13 22:27:43

Make sure you use the Ladies room before you get on the plane. Cabin crew is not allowed to watch after your little one and it can be a pain to use the toilet with a baby.

Yes and you will be fine. Most important tip is make sure you have something for them to suck on (either breast or soother) particularly during take-off and landing as the pressure changes are tough on their

If you're not BFing, bring more milk than you need in case of delays and make sure to have one additional babygrow and probably five more nappies than you think you'll need (pressure can do interesting things to small bowels too...) in hand luggage.

Finally, remember it will also be possible to buy things over there so don't worry too much about packing for the whole stay, more just for the journey section.

Have a lovely time.

space21 Mon 18-Feb-13 22:28:05

I'm due to give birth at the end march. A close friend is getting married mid may so baby would be approx 6 weeks (if born on due date).
The wedding is in Essex and I live in Bordeaux so would be flying.

At first it seemed like a good idea to go but now I'm starting to have doubts.

Has anyone flown with very tiny babies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now