What Age for Disney Florida?

(11 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 17-Feb-13 20:11:08

DCs are currently 4, 6 and 15. We've always wanted to take them to Florida but worry about the height restrictions and equally leaving it too late that they grow out of certain elements of the Disney experience (I'm thinking specifically of the Disney Princess dressing up thing - Bibbity Bobbity Boo, think I'm more excited than they will be!)

We thought that the year the youngest is 6 would be ideal?

Also, if there are any Floridaphiles out there, which school holiday is best to go in? Wanted to avoid the hottest time of year

Tia

mummymeister Sun 17-Feb-13 22:32:43

6 sounds good but there will be some rides she cant go on. also the 15 yr old will want you to go to Universal which is much more for older kids. she will be a bit bored by disney. We usually go in the winter just before, during and after Christmas. weather is perfect for us in the 70's. Oct half term weather good but hurricane season.

awaynboilyurheid Wed 20-Feb-13 20:50:59

October time is good can be a wee bit coldish in the morning, you have to get to parks early to get a full day out of it, but lovely and warm mid morning also not as over crowded as the summer months so get on rides quicker We have done both and would always prefer October . Your children and you will love it but make sure you have a plan for the parks it really helps .

MOSagain Sat 23-Feb-13 09:23:21

6 is a good age but as mummymeister says, there will be some rides she can't go on. You'll definitely have to go to Universal/IOA for the Harry Potter rides but your youngest will love Seusss (sp?) landing.

I used to go a lot at easter but its very expensive (and busy then) flights are silly money. October is nice and if you are there for halloween that is good fun. Also, sometimes it can be a bit cold for the waterparks. We've been some years in October and its lovely at the waterparks but other times the ride attendants/lifeguards are wearing woolly gloves!

curiousgeorgie Sat 23-Feb-13 09:32:54

I'd go now. I took DD 2.5 and in Disney itself she could go on loads and got so much out of it I found myself crying everyday at her reaction to princesses and parades. Having said that our friends 4 year old got the most out of it of everyone.

I'm pg with my second child and we plan to take them both at 4 & 6.5 smile

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sat 23-Feb-13 09:41:18

I think 4-5 is the most perfect age for all disney stuff. They really enjoy the characters and shows. But it has stuff for all ages, thats the whole point.

noisytoys Sat 23-Feb-13 09:51:16

We went last year with our 4yo and 2yo. The 4 year old loved every minute of it. The 2 year old struggled with the time difference and climate difference and cried all day every day. We plan to go again when they are 6 and 8

BaconAndAvocado Sat 23-Feb-13 14:24:38

Thank all, it sounds fabulous! smile

Hulababy Sat 23-Feb-13 14:59:08

Dd's been at 2, 4, 7 and 9. We are there now, home today sad and she is 10, nearly 11.

There's always something aimed at them and lots to do regardless of age and height. Dd has done something new on each bust.

We've never done the Bibbitty Bobbity Boo thing though - very expensive for what it is!

Hulababy Sat 23-Feb-13 15:04:52

Re weather

We've always been in summer before. It's very very hot with a bit of rain each day. For some its too hot but we have always been fine.

This is first time in Feb. as its half term it is only a week bit as we've been before we can still do every park - 6 full days = 6 park days grin its 10am at the moment and just under 80c. Will be warmer and warmer as day goes in. Was much cooler the day we arrived and there were people in coats - we were in hoodies. But it's been warmer ever since, and no rain. Not as humid either. Id come this time of year again.

Park crowds seem same as in the summer tbh, though Universal seemed quieter than Disney. Last weekend was Presidents' Day which was busy.

Looking at the crowd calendar and following the wdw forums the busiest times are Christmas and closely followed by Easter.

Hulababy Mon 25-Feb-13 17:20:01

Just been sorting all my photos and uploaded onto Flickr to show PILs - I miss it already!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now