Hotels with toddler and baby - how do we make it work?

(3 Posts)
chocolatecheesecake Tue 12-Feb-13 18:29:29

Thanks fluffy. Will see if I can find any affordable suites.

Fluffy1234 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:22:07

I'd go for either a holiday park or hotels that offer a baby sitting service and suites for the second week.

chocolatecheesecake Tue 12-Feb-13 16:03:26

We're planning our first holiday abroad and our first with two children. We're going to Denmark. For one week we're renting a cottage but the other week we want to stay in a mix of hostels and hotels as we'll be travelling around. However we've never stayed in a hotel with one child let alone two, and I'm wondering whether this is unrealistic with an 8 month old and a 3.5 year old. How do we manage the sleeping arrangements without us having to sit silently with head torches on from 7pm? Or is this inevitable?

They're not used to sharing a room. Is the best answer connecting rooms? Or do we get a family room and accept that the toddler stays up later than usual/ baby sleeps in pushchair and then we all go to bed together at a time that's early for us? Or is there another accommodation solution we could go for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now