Appartment in centre of room with 3 bedrooms

(5 Posts)
mummymeister Wed 13-Feb-13 20:30:31

We found a really good appartment with 3 beds centre of rome through the romeloft website. will pass on details of other sites to anyone who is interested if you pm me.

mummymeister Mon 11-Feb-13 22:43:52

dohh - thanks lapsed i did mean Rome.

whateveritakes Mon 11-Feb-13 20:42:11

We did an apartment in Rome this summer so I know the problem. We stayed here and the location was perfect. I might have chosen to be near a small square further down so we could have a view. I would definitely recommend staying in the Navona-Pantheon area as it is close to the main attractions in most directions (Rome has lots of walking) and it's good to have some right on your doorstep.
It also helped being close to the River if just to navigate. Also easy to walk across and see Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo.
Avoid apartments near the main roads and look on google earth to see how narrow the streets are...it can be very noisy when the sound travels up and limits the views.
There is so much to see on literally every street so you can't go far wrong. However I thought the middle (on a map of Rome) was less charming having bigger streets and large shops. I likes the old ruins down towards the Coliseum and you'd have wonderful views. It might be a bit of a trek to the other end of town if you were out for dinner after sightseeing say.

lapsedorienteerer Mon 11-Feb-13 19:49:57

Rome or Room?grin

mummymeister Mon 11-Feb-13 16:22:33

Hi, we are looking for a 3 bedroom appt, centre of rome everything in walking distance but baffled by the amount i am finding. can you help me narrow it down. somewhere you would recommend? areas to stay in or areas to avoid? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now