Help me find a fantastic holiday!

(3 Posts)
Heartstart Mon 18-Feb-13 23:24:27

Hi we went to Kaya Koy nr Fethiye last year it was fab - we hired a villa through owners direct and booked flights from stansted

zumo Sun 10-Feb-13 20:17:52

I think you need to pick a country first.
To be honest so many countrys are the same once you are in the holiday resorts, Croatia is lovely.
I woud look for places the people from that country go to.
I often think how the tourists from the USA come to the uk but never go to many of the best places as I am sure we do the same.
We recently went to Israel, we hired a local guide and asked him to take us to the places the locals go to and it was so much better

ThePlatypusAlwaysTriumphs Sun 10-Feb-13 15:48:16

Hi all, looking to pick your brains/ benefit from your experience here. Trying to book a summer holiday, and have looked at the travel reviews on here, but still need some help!

We think we would like to rent a private villa/ small apartment, probably in Europe, would possibly like to try Italy/ Corsica, but we'll consider most places. Don't necessarily want to do it on the cheap, but would like to get value for money! Happy to try to book flights etc seperately.

There will be 6 of us- DH and I, my dad, and our 3 dc (9,7 and 5). We like to go out to eat in the evenings, so would prefer somewhere with a few restaurants within walking distance- most villas I look at talk about car hire, we don't really want to drive, as we all like our wine on holiday! The accomodation itself is actually less important than the location- it would be nice to have somewhere nearby that we could even get buses/ trains for day trips.

Just to be even more picky, we'd like a pool, be lovely if there was also a beach nearby! Not really keen on places where the owner lives in, as we do like to sit up late and chat, and don't want to be worried about disturbing anyone.

I know I'm asking a lot, but anyone any suggestions for where to start/ companies/ websites etc?? All replies much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now