European Holidays - Completely Confused!

(26 Posts)
mummydoesntsharefood Thu 07-Feb-13 11:21:19

Hi all,

Firstly I apologise if this question has been asked 100 times before but I'm a newbie and really need some up-to-date info and opinions.

We've never been on holiday before but I've been squirreling away money from my student loan and have around £1000 so far to put towards a week away in August (we also need to budget for passports). Because we haven't been away before I'm anxious that the kids (8 and 14yrs) have a really good time in a place that will cater for both age groups.
I have looked at Eurocamp, Key Camp, Matthews, Canvas, French Freedom, Siblu, etc and they all look great until I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and find out that they're dirty or plagued with anti-social behaviour.

I'm not a snob (honest) but I don't want to be surrounded by oiks (my partner thinks this is something we will just have to endure on our budget), nor do I want any of us to feel uncomfortable because the accommodation has cooties, or is so tightly packed that I can hear next door snoring (or worse!). I can't do camping because of a stroppy bowel, but don't mind caravans, mobile homes, etc.

Sorry this is a bit long-winded, what I really want to ask is this; are there any nice parcs in France or should I scrape together some more money and just go for a package deal further afield?

Thanks for reading x

ihatethecold Sun 10-Feb-13 18:17:19

The link you posted up thread sent me through to a site in the ardeche in France. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now