Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Flying while pg?

(10 Posts)
preggersbycheggers Sun 03-Feb-13 14:38:50

Most airlines will carry you up to 36 weeks but you will need a letter from your dr after 28 weeks (I'm BA crew).

You can obtain travel insurance from direct line which will cover you for pregnancy overseas.

MooseBeTimeForCoffee Sat 02-Feb-13 16:36:45

I emigrated to Canada whilst in the early months of pregnancy. Not that I was aware at the time smile

specialsubject Sat 02-Feb-13 16:33:03

....and travel insurance that covers you while pregnant.

MrsMarigold Fri 01-Feb-13 13:40:16

I flew at 28 weeks (long haul) and then to Italy at 32-34 weeks (easyjet) - both fine. Get a letter from your midwife and get a european health card.

noramum Fri 01-Feb-13 13:35:05

I flew several times while pregnant, the last one was at 24 weeks as my travel insurance only covered until 26 weeks.

I was lucky, no problems being pregnant and I just took it easy. The longest flight was to south of France and absolute problem free.

Airlines will take you longer with a doctor certificate but you will have problems finding a travel insurance covering you after 26 weeks.

most airlines let you fly until 32 weeks with a drs note sometimes required from 26w. so long as its a low risk pg you should be fine!
im delying booking a holiday at the moment so i can make sure im within the 32w on the off chance i get pg on the first cycle. I can book it in 5 wks if not pg already grin

jazzcat28 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:18:26

Thanks both, maybe im over thinking things but I don't want to delay TTC until the holiday I want to get going soon!

I know I'm being far too optimistic in assuming I'll conceive first cycle but kinda want to plan for worst case scenario iyswim?

mummymeister Fri 01-Feb-13 12:15:36

too many ifs and buts to give you an outright answer jazz. would worry about the getting pregnant bit first as this is far trickier sometimes than you think and certainly harder than booking a holiday. good luck

wonkylegs Fri 01-Feb-13 12:15:10

yes you can
Some advice here - www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/927.aspx?CategoryID=54

jazzcat28 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:12:56

Will I be able to fly while pg? If yes, is it better to be early days of pregnancy or later?

DH and I have booked a city break to Europe later this year but are also thinking of starting to try for our first DC in April/May.

Should I be ok flying whilst porentially 6mths pg or should we delay trying so that I'm only 1-4mths?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now