FlyBe. Hand baggage doable for a weekend away?

(4 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Thu 31-Jan-13 18:22:06

10kg hand baggage allowance, or pay extra for a ticket that includes a hold bag. Planning Brum for fri-sun wkend in April. I have a wheely case that I carried onto an easyjet flight, but is the 10kg allowance too prohibitive? Ie will I manage to pack pants only to keep within the allowance?? Thx for any help.

dreamingofsun Thu 31-Jan-13 18:42:31

depends how many shoes and books you want to take as these are heavy. by brum do you mean birmingham? I'm guessing you still can't take liquids on the plane so you will need to buy toiletries when you arrive. if you don't need lots of different outfits (eg going somewhere posh each evening) i would have thought it doeable.

theladylovescupcakes Thu 31-Jan-13 20:55:19

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we're going to Birmingham. I'm wearing lots of dresses/tunics and boots at the mo, so could easily get away with wearing the same boots all weekend. Toiletries need to be less than 100ml so will take travel sizes so that should be ok. Not taking books. Suppose it's a good exercise in travelling light, rather than taking 6 outfits when I'm only away for the weekend!

I don't know how people do it but they do.

use toiletries provided by the hotel or buy the little travel sizes from boots at the airport or in the city.

You only need 2/3 pairs of pants.

Try and keep colours together so if summer, keep all colours light. Winter is easier with darker colours. One pair of jeans should last you 3 days, sleep in the buff and take a couple of tops with you.

My hairdryer would fill a case on its own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now