Where in October for 2 weeks with good weather and kids club?

(11 Posts)
MOSagain Sat 23-Feb-13 09:03:19

We just got back from Hurghada at 1am this morning. There are lots of kids clubs in the 'red sea holidays' group that have kids clubs from age 4. My kids aged 4 and 6 loved it, and it was nice for DH and I to not have to worry about them being bored as there were other kids to play with.

BUT, and a huge but, the majority of the guests in the hotel were german. We stayed at the Siva beach but met a lot of other english tourists at different red sea holidays hotels that also said there were lots of germans in the hotels. Don't get me wrong, nothing against germans but it meant that 99% of the information and posters were in german and a lot of the local staff spoke german fluently and had limited english. I cringed every time the waiters at breakfast said 'ah, english, tally ho, lovely jubbly'!

so, basically, Egypt nice and warm and will have kids clubs (Kinder club) at a lot of hotels but can be a bit annoying!

bacon Fri 22-Feb-13 17:55:26

Tenerife. I stayed at Anthelia it was lovely.

DowntonTrout Tue 19-Feb-13 08:05:16

No we have done a lot of October half terms in Tenerife. The weather in the Canaries is brilliant then. This is the shortest flight for guaranteed weather. That would be my choice.

Turkey, depending on where you go, can be on the turn by then, you could be lucky or unlucky. It is certainly end of season and things may be shutting down. My PIL live there.

Sharm is more like 6 hours. The weather will be good, the hotels are good, lots with loads of facilities. You may or may not want to leave the hotel. We always do but it can be hard work in the town and some people just don't like it. If you are content to sit in the sun and stay in your hotel, go for one with a good choice of restaurants. It may be cold at night, but lovely and warm during the day.

Not been to Cyprus or Morrocco at that time but have friends who do. Have done Tunisia many years ago and It was glorious during the day but cold at night.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 19-Feb-13 07:53:26

Egypt is still hot then, we've been to sharm and hurghada and loved both.

SW1XMother Tue 19-Feb-13 07:47:15

How about Morocco?

legalalien Thu 31-Jan-13 15:17:40
Fluffy1234 Thu 31-Jan-13 11:30:07

How about Cyprus, Cape Verde or family friendly hotel in Egypt or Thailand?

givemeaclue Thu 31-Jan-13 11:28:50

Turkey?

He will be 5. I don't think we will get kids club in sa though.

legalalien Thu 31-Jan-13 10:21:04

South africa. Expensive flights but cheap when you get there. Good weather and lots of whale watching (I have no idea how old your kids are!).

Balearics will be cool, canaries may be iffy? Is there enough to do in sharm? Ideas please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now