First Choice all Inclusive anyone?

(18 Posts)
Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 13-Feb-13 10:37:07

We've been to the Egypt and turkey holiday villages and loves them, Egypt was better though.

Also been to jungle aqua park in hurghada with first choice which was brilliant.

Bakingnovice Wed 13-Feb-13 10:05:29

I hated the holiday village. Went to the one in Egypt. 100% Brits all complaining that they had to pay £2 for the Sun newspaper. They started drinking at 10 and left kids to do whatever they wanted. Meals were like dinner time, lots of bugs going around. It's the first time I've been away and been surrounding by Brits. However, the kids loved it. Give it a try if you get a cheap deal only.

One thing I particularly hated was the food really bad imitations of 'British classics' like fish Abd chips, shepherds pie etc. why why why??!!

charlearose Wed 06-Feb-13 11:13:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummymeister Wed 30-Jan-13 15:04:07

Mark Warner? supposed to be good. PGL hols in the UK - you send your dd off for a week and have a week somewhere by yourselves. job done!

Hersetta Wed 30-Jan-13 14:12:13

My daughter loves the first choice holiday villages but this year we are looking at the Thompson Sensatori resorts as they look just a bit nicer .

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 29-Jan-13 13:36:43

Ignore the reviews that claim there was nothing for the children to eat, & there were big queues for chips smile
Budget does play a part in it. Cheap AI including flight & room the food will be very samey, & drinks will be local beer,wine or spirits in plastic cups. Pay more & both the food & drinks will be better. Someone will always complain about the chips though, or lack of bacon in a Muslim country!

Fluffy1234 Tue 29-Jan-13 13:34:42

I tend to avoid hotels with all or a high percentage of British guests just to avoid the moaning and also I enjoy the mix of different nationalities. How about a family resort that is not necessarily all inclusive, many have great entertainment for the children? I've found all-inclusive hotels tend to be better in the Caribbean than Europe and often not vastly more expensive.

sherbetpips Tue 29-Jan-13 13:09:27

I have been particularly scared off by the wildly different reviews. I have looked at aboutt half of the european based AI's with first choice - you get 60% saying that it was wonderful and the other 40% saying the hotel is run down, food warm at best but all of them harping on about how very clean they all are. I guess the budget is a problem as the reviews of the premier venues do seem much better. Thanks for all your help!

I went to Tenerife, I want to go to Mexico next time but I might need to rob a bank. I must admit to being biased as I work for tui but I think it's the best you can get before moving into the outrageously expensive bracket. The one in Crete is run by Atlantica Hotels, if you google them you'll get a good idea what standard they are. They get really good customer feedback too.

NoWayNoHow Mon 28-Jan-13 21:57:30

English, can I hijack and ask which Sensatori you went to? We're looking at the Crete one at the moment as our holiday option for the year. Would be great to get some ideas of what they're like!

Gregs the wine at Sensatori is good, house wines as part of package are nice or you can pay for a wider choice from the wine list smile OP have you looked at Sensatori? Might be a good balance between what suits you and stuff for dc' s.

Ok, we did AI at holiday village last February. Hotel was good, food good for breakfast and lunch, dinner average - I like to order from a menu and didn't like school dinner atmosphere to the evening meal. I too like a nice glass of wine. Wine at AI is awful. Friends have said the same at various resorts they have been to. They only offered one and it was vile. I bought my own and had a couple of drinks on the balcony of an evening when ds slept.

I would never, ever go in school holidays.

Clubs and entertainment for ds were brilliant though which is why we are looking at different options again this year but long similar lines. I'd much rather forego a glass of wine for ds. We are looking at Sensatori by thomson.

mellen Mon 28-Jan-13 20:44:45

I want last year - one of the 5 star/premier range ones, and it was very nice, and not tacky at all.

detoxdiva Mon 28-Jan-13 20:40:20

I would have said the same as you a few years ago smile. Last year we went on our first AI with dd 7 and ds 3 and had a great time - one of the First Choice holiday villages.

Yes there are a lot of mostly noisy kids. The meal times are quite restrictive and the after dinner entertainment was questionable at best grin

However....the food was great, the kids were happy all day either in the pool, on the beach or at the kids club, and I had the most relaxed holiday since having them! My moto (for the next few years at least) is happy kids = happy parents.

borninastorm Mon 28-Jan-13 20:34:52

What I love about AI is I don't need to think about anything. Breakast's there, so's lunch and dinner. You want a drink, you get one. You want entertainment you join in, you don't, then you don't join in.

Everything's there for you and the kids.

ISeeSmallPeople Mon 28-Jan-13 20:28:43

Go on a nice one then smile
Their premier range or something like that.
We've been with first choice to all inclusives & never had the urge to play bingo.
I fact I spent rather a long time in the spa, & later the cigar room, with a lovely glass of wine grin

It really depends where you choose. Not all hotels are the same and first choice do a huge range so just give for one that suits you. AI in benidorm is totally different to AI in Cuba.

sherbetpips Mon 28-Jan-13 20:25:26

Let me start by saying I am well - a bit snobby when it comes to holidays. I am not a fan of 'entertainment', bingo, organised activities, etc. i like tasty food and a decent glass of wine. Not a big fan of great hordes of kids either. I am presuming therefore I would be insane to consider this type of holiday? We have a 9 year old who would love the activities which is really why we are considering it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now