hot Easter holiday

(9 Posts)
springlamb Mon 28-Jan-13 22:49:44

I am going to Egypt. Hersetta is quite right, any unrest is in Cairo although there may be some restrictions on travel outside the main resort areas on the Sinai side (Sharm).
I am going to Hurghada (which has better beaches anyway...).
I would have loved Mexico but as I was only forced back from there on 1 November, this one had to be a cheaper option.

HSMM Mon 28-Jan-13 16:24:03

Thanks Hersetta. My geography is appalling, so apologies for that.

Hersetta Mon 28-Jan-13 14:19:18

I was also going to suggest Egypt. The civil unrest is in Cairo, which is a 6 hr drive from the Red Sea resorts/ Sharm etc. Would you not go to Edinburgh is there was rioting in London?

Would also suggest the Maldives, Cape Verde Islands, the Dom Rep or Cuba. Apart from the Maldives you can get some really good all inclusive hotels that won't break the bank. We have been to the Dom Rep 7 times and when looking at holidays this year it was considerably cheaper than 2 weeks AI in Turkey!

HSMM Sun 27-Jan-13 22:23:31

I'd like to go to Egypt, but isn't there lots of fighting there at the moment?

Fluffy1234 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:10:03

Egypt.

HSMM Fri 25-Jan-13 20:42:32

Thanks. You've given me some alternatives to look at. Much appreciated.

olivo Fri 25-Jan-13 19:55:14

Middle East. We usually go to the UAE at this time of year, it's lovely smile

ZenNudist Fri 25-Jan-13 19:54:24

Cyprus?

HSMM Fri 25-Jan-13 19:53:45

We're trying to book a special (but not financially crippling) holiday at Easter for 2 adults and a teenager. We have looked at Dominican Republic, Goa, Florida and a couple of others but they're really pricey. Any other ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now