Been backpacking to India/Thailand?

(9 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Wed 30-Jan-13 21:51:31

I've been to Thailand travelling many years ago. It's too hot for chocolate and I say that as a chocoholic. I don't think I missed any uk food, the food over there is amazing. Mainly the Thai food but also the best Burger King in the world in Bangkok!

cheekyginger Wed 30-Jan-13 21:48:04

Cold hard cash! So he can treat himself to a night in a nice hotel as Moredof said....

jojane Fri 25-Jan-13 14:12:05

A good book.

Moredofbumsnet Fri 25-Jan-13 14:10:25

Best present I ever had was a £20 note and instuctions to head for the nearest aircon hotel for a large meal. This was 20 years ago and me and the aussie girl I was travelling with had a great break from £5 a day budget travel.

specialsubject Fri 25-Jan-13 10:09:23

if he isn't tiny, he'll be struggling to get clothes. Send him a loose cotton shirt or two.

chocolate and the hotter parts of India/Thailand are not a good mix.

ripsishere Fri 25-Jan-13 09:35:09

We never saw Cadburys in Thailand. The chocolate there is imported from Oz normally and, once it gets a bit warm is rather nasty and very expensive.

JimbosJetSet Fri 25-Jan-13 07:48:21

Ha thank you!! I'll buy some marmite. Can Cadburys be purchased in India/Thailand do you know?

ripsishere Fri 25-Jan-13 03:46:24

Marmite. We weren't back packing, we lived in Bangkok. Getting marmite was like seeing a unicorn. Spoken of, but when you visited the place it wasn't there.
Salt and vinegar crisps aren't that postable.

JimbosJetSet Thu 24-Jan-13 19:57:57

Then please can I have some inspiration, I haven't been. My brother is there for six months and I would like to send him a birthday present. I'm thinking something consumable would fit the bill of not too heavy and not taking up space in his belongings - what UK food/products did you miss when you were travelling? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now