Would Sharm El Sheikh be too hot for Easter break?

(10 Posts)
MildredH Fri 25-Jan-13 10:23:19

Special- why are the rays stronger earlier in the year?

We're going to Sensatori Sharm in a few weeks and I wasn't too worried about strong sun protection as I assumed wouldn't be as much risk as later in year?

Trills Fri 25-Jan-13 10:17:10

Weather averages

March: avg high 25, April avg high 30. "Easter" means you'll be going end of March or beginning of April so expect temperatures in the middle.

specialsubject Fri 25-Jan-13 10:12:05

remember that the rays will be stronger in late March than in August, even though it may not quite as hot. Swimming is in decent rashies and board shorts plus hats, in the shade 11am to 3pm. Suncream on before going outside and reapplied every two hours at least. Don't trust 'all-day' brands.

worked in the Med and saw what happened when this was ignored!

SammyJo77 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:42:41

Egypts great that time of year, i've been in the summer and it was unbearable but then went again in April and it was just right! i think rash vests have already been mentioned but they're great for the kids. Nowadays there are tonnes of different styles to so you can choose the style you think suits your kids. My kids have got osprey ones and they love them.

PMTIsMe Fri 25-Jan-13 09:35:47

Thanks everyone, off to google all your suggestions smile

popserinis Thu 24-Jan-13 22:33:57

We went in may last year and was early 30's. if your budget stretches, try sensatori in sharm

mirpuppet Wed 23-Jan-13 18:46:16

Will be fine. But put weather app on your phone/ Ipad etc and track it.

mummymeister Wed 23-Jan-13 15:18:13

whenever we are thinking about going anywhere i always use accuweather website to check out what it is going to be like because i hate it too warm. have a look on there and see if it is right for you.

DrSeuss Wed 23-Jan-13 13:15:07

Not at all, it would be just right. The Sharm Aqua Blu is great for kids. Check out eBay for rash vests to wear in the pool.

PMTIsMe Tue 22-Jan-13 19:25:05

Easter is early, so we can fly out the last week of March. But DCs are not brilliant in heat...and TBH I'm almost more concerned about UV - I seem to recall burning badly there years ago even tho it wasn't that hot.

I don't sound that into the idea do I grin but actually, if its hot but not unbearable then that would be rather nice.

Any advice/experiences would be great. TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now