Question on duty free

(8 Posts)
Viviennemary Wed 23-Jan-13 14:03:24

I can see why people get hooked on perfume. I really like the sound of the Apres l'ondee. But Jo Malone sounds nice too. I might have to have both. grin I've not bought any expensive perfume for quite a long time. Last one was Channel no 5 and that's far too strong.

NowPlayingZone Wed 23-Jan-13 13:14:07

Saved a few quid on Jo Malone from gatwick last year as they have a branch in airport. Like pp said, reckon other brands depend on what's on offer in the main duty free shop. Otherwise try websites like perfumedirect etc.

ripsishere Wed 23-Jan-13 03:13:43

IME, they carry a really small range, so unless you like a certain one that they are promoting you are buggered really.

Jo Malone is cheaper smile

Viviennemary Mon 21-Jan-13 13:29:12

I have been reading the perfume thread. And I quite like the sound of Apres L'Ondee and/or Jo Malone. I'm usually quite frugal (I think so anyway) but DH is on an internal flight in a couple of weeks so will ask him to get me something. Thanks very much.

Yes you still can. There are some deals for just those going out eu etc. I don't find it much cheaper than else where now though as Debenhams often have special deals on for example.
Depends what perfume you want but they often have 1 or 2 on special offer, normally the special/summer edition ones.
I buy some if I'm running low but wouldn't wait till an airport visit

scaevola Mon 21-Jan-13 13:00:22

They may discount som items (as any high street store can do), but you have to be going outside EU to get the definitely lower prices.

Viviennemary Mon 21-Jan-13 12:57:34

I know it's not strictly speaking duty free any more within Europe. But on internal flights in the UK can you still buy perfume cheaper at an airport. Or only if you are going out of the UK. Couldn't find the answer anywhere. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now