Which Center Parcs is better - Longleat or Sherwood?

(10 Posts)
perceptionreality Fri 18-Jan-13 10:32:00

We've been to Whinfell which we loved but it's a bit far.

Bullets Fri 18-Jan-13 10:53:27

Watching with interest, got back from our fifth visit to Longleat CP late last night (wanted to be home in time to enjoy the snow not get stuck in it!)

Love it there but overheard someone saying the bit for toddlers in the swimming pool was much better at the other sites??

I've also heard people complaining about how hilly Longleat is, but that's never been an issue for us. We like cycling and take our bikes. We use all the cycle paths so it's not too up and down for us!

Charlie01234 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:02:45

We have been to all the locations and all are great. Longleat is different in that it is hilly - the tree top bridges are great. It depends where abouts you live in relation to the site because I think once you are there, you could be anywhere, so we prefer Sherwood and Whinfell as they are nearer to us.
All are VERY expensive once you are there though, so take lots of food and drink with you!

perceptionreality Fri 18-Jan-13 11:43:46

Thanks for replies - we took our own food last time as I had read reviews which said the food there was not good and also expensive. The lodges are so well appointed that we had everything we needed for self catering purposes. I had heard that Longleat was hilly. Does that make much difference if you have a lodge in the central area?

VivaLeBeaver Fri 18-Jan-13 11:45:35

I like Sherwood, never been to the others.

Sherwood is quite crowded in the pool. They've built lots of new villas but the pool is still the same size. Not sure how this compares to the others but it might be worth looking at number of total villas in each one.

I live very close to Sherwood though so can't see me bothering with any of the others.

Fluffy1234 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:49:16

They are both good. I prefer the pool at Longleat (great rapids) but really liked the village square bit at Sherewood. The hill at Longleat is a bit of a pain so we prefer to stay in a villa close to the pool and plaza.

willyoulistentome Fri 18-Jan-13 11:49:50

We have been to them all over the years and definitely like Longleat the best. The hills are a nightmare for me, but Dh and the boys cope well. must get fitter

perceptionreality Fri 18-Jan-13 15:36:34

I've been looking at the villas but last time I chose the New Style woodland lodge which was very nice. There are 2 adults and 3 children - is a villa better? The search engine always comes up with 3 bedrooms.

LadyLetch Fri 18-Jan-13 20:26:25

Longleat is our closest, but we prefer Sherwood by far.

Our reasons?

There's no evening disco at Longleat, but there is a little disco at Sherwood (near the bowling alley).

We preferred the swimming at Sherwood. The children's section at Longleat is very small and my DDs liked the boat flume ride at Sherwood.

We also preferred the layout of Sherwood. We didn't like the fact that the soft play / Jardin des Sports was so far away from everything else at Longleat.

perceptionreality Sat 19-Jan-13 22:39:46

Ok, well I've decided to book for Longleat, thanks for all your help. We've only been to CP once before and we all loved it - I know some people hate it but I thought it was great for my autistic dd too - she was relaxed there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now