Recommend me a family holiday - very inexperienced.

(27 Posts)
harryhausen Wed 16-Jan-13 22:16:16

Me and my DH are both self employed. Consequently we hardly ever take holidays and when we do its mainly a few days in the uk here and there.
The last holiday we had was to visit my Dsis in Malaysia. It was great, but my lovely sis basically Organised all our outings. We did some amazing stuff, but the thing we enjoyed the most was a simple beach resort break for a few days on a small island

Now we want to book ourselves a holiday and have no idea where to start. Our dcs are 8 and 6. We'd like to go in August (I know, I know). We'd like a nice relaxing place for us, not much effort to find food (so maybe a buffet restaurant) and some great water parks for the dcs. However have the possibilty for some nice outings.

We've looked at Thompson holidays villages but feel slightly like its Butlins in the sun.

I've been looking at Ibiza, which looks nice but I haven't much experience of places to go on.

We can spend up to about 5k.

Can you give me any of your experiences? I feel so naive about holidays. I don't even know the jargon.

The last h

charlearose Thu 17-Jan-13 12:47:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

popserinis Thu 17-Jan-13 15:53:29

Sharm el shiek is far away from any troubles so you would have no worries. We were only there lat year and some done the trip to Cairo and still never seen anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now