Tell me about driving to eurodisney

(8 Posts)
ByTheWay1 Sun 20-Jan-13 13:27:09

Big one to know of that they have started to implement lately is:

Holders of EU driving licences exceeding the speed limit by more than 40 km/h will have their licences confiscated on the spot by the police.

And the speed limit is lowered when it is wet, and that you must not have equipment that will monitor where speed cameras are (sat nav needs to have this disabled for instance..)

The AA do a great guide - here www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/france-monaco.pdf

Eve Sun 20-Jan-13 13:19:33

Very easy.

Heavywheezing Sun 20-Jan-13 13:17:51

I'm glad you asked this because we might go to France in a few weeks and considered taking children to Disney to see if they like it before going to Florida.

Reading with interest.

emmac52000 Sun 20-Jan-13 13:12:50

If you have an iPhone 5 you're laughing rest nav as google maps is my best friend for anywhere it seems in world. I drove to south of France 2011 by myself as hubbie passed his test 2012 (yay!!) the roads are amazing. You don't even feel you're on the wrong side cos the roads are huge. I was worried before and if you're confident in uk you'll be fine in France (same signs etc) just don't make our mistake of being last on boat (first off). V embarrassing. 2 weeks later that was my only mistake. I prefer driving in France than England strangely enough. Don't forget bits mentioned before like triangle and you're good to go!!

yfuwchhapus Sun 20-Jan-13 10:28:22

To for it! Be aware that you will need dipped headlights, breathalyser, GB sticker, high vis jacket, warning triangle and I think spare light bulbs. There is also some rule about sat navs but not sure. Maybe someone else might come along who knows a bit more.

LIZS Wed 16-Jan-13 10:48:13

From the tunnel it is pretty straightforward and the lanes well signed for Paris , mainly on dual carriageway or motorways.

TheFallenNinja Wed 16-Jan-13 10:47:23

Just stay between the white lines and follow everyone else. Plan plenty of stops and you'll be fine

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Wed 16-Jan-13 10:44:03

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what its like driving to eurodisney? I am a pretty confident driver, but i am only three years passed my test and I'm a bit scared of the 'driving on the other side of the road' thing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now