family friendly flotilla holiday advice needed

(8 Posts)
tigerdriverII Sun 20-Jan-13 17:53:14

We went with Sailing Holidays last year (August). It wasn't too pricey (although there were just three of us and we had a very small boat). The other people in our flotilla included experienced sailors, novices like us and everything in between. I think it was our best holiday ever. If you have a big enough boat, you could sleep on deck.

WorkInProgress Sun 20-Jan-13 17:49:00

No problem, happy to help ! The instructors were fab at Sea Trek - made the holiday.

NoonarAgain Sun 20-Jan-13 16:07:57

sundew, am going to watch with interest for general advice on this subject as we are holidaying in april in greece- first ever sailing trip for me.

Workinprogress, we have just booked an off peak learn to sail with sea -trek (see my other thread ;) so i may have to pm you with some questions!!

WorkInProgress Fri 18-Jan-13 13:33:36

Hi
We went with Sea trek last year, very family friendly, kids made friends and they loved it. We went in July and it was VERY hot, difficult to sleep on the boat, but we did have a great time.

janinlondon Thu 17-Jan-13 12:56:04

Not sure what your idea of reasonably priced is.....most flotillas cost an arm and a leg I'm afraid. We have done several with Neilson. They are brilliantly organized and the kids have the time of their lives. They run specifically "family" flots in the school hols and 12 and 9 are perfect ages for this kind of holiday. Can offer specific advice on flotilla areas etc if you think Neilson might be what you're looking for - but suggest you take a look at their prices etc. We go in July/Aug and it is HOT HOT HOT. But that's what we like...

charlearose Thu 17-Jan-13 12:40:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sundew Mon 14-Jan-13 19:59:00

bump

sundew Mon 14-Jan-13 19:31:41

We are planning on doing our first flotilla holiday this year as my dd are now 12 and 9. We used to sail a lot in the UK before kids but have never done a flotilla holiday.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a reasonably priced family friendly flotilla holiday (we were thinking Greece / Turkey but are open to suggestions). Also, when is a good time of year to go (to fit in with school holidays) - I don't want to feel we are cooking in a metal cabin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now