Are the £9.50 Sun newspaper holidays any good or is the accommodation really horrible?

(6 Posts)
Skyebluesapphire Tue 12-Feb-13 23:44:23

I have been going on Sun Holidays for years now and I find that Parkdean are the best. They treat you exactly the same as if you had booked through them and I have even been upgraded for free because we use them each year.

You book your caravan and then when they send through the invoice for the electric and passes, you will have the chance to upgrade to a better caravan or lodge. however as somebody else posted, you can get it just as cheap by booking directly with the site. Haven is another site that is usually quite good.

I have had bad experiences with Park Resorts, Pontins.

fakeblondie Tue 12-Feb-13 23:24:02

Zumo can you talk to me a bit more about costings ? We are looking to go to Europe just for a week in June as dd finishes exams s would be cheaper and ideal . how mic do they chafe for a week is it really as cheap as the SUN ? Thanks

zumo Wed 16-Jan-13 05:39:16

WE didnt use the Sun deal but site was full of people who did, when we spoke to one of them by the time they had added extras on they could have just booked direct as we did.
One top tip when I book I tell them my MIL is very fussy so can I have a very clean top of the range caravan, but dont mind if it costs a bit more, charged me £10 and gave me a brand new one!
We have had good deals by going just outside the main holiday times just one week earlier or later makes a massive difference

happyclapper Tue 15-Jan-13 14:40:58

Do a Easter break every year with The Sun vouchers. Stick to Haven caravans which are always fine except once.
I phoned the reception and they immediatly sent a supervisor to clean the questionable areas and then they phoned twice the next day to make sure we were happy.
Its not 5 star but a 4 night break with pool and entertainment for under £100....great value.

givemeaclue Sat 12-Jan-13 22:39:20

Know people who have been, good accommodation and had a great time. Think its quite tricky to get The Europe ones though as people who go regularly with Sun get priority bookings. Worth a shot!

GemDoll Sat 12-Jan-13 07:59:20

I was wondering if anybody can let me know what they are like and has anyone gone to Europe? We're a family of four and looked at going abroad last year and the price was so expensive we simply couldn't afford it.

What puts me off is wondering if the accommodation is dirty or not. I did a Sun Holiday about 8 years ago in the New Forest and the caravan was outdated and stank of smoke and a bit dirty and the beds were super uncomfortable.

Because of the horrible caravan I stayed in I can't bare to choose that accommodation option again so I was wondering about choosing the tent option or a chalet or lodge and wondered if they might be 'cleaner' somehow I couldn't see on the form how to select accommodation though if there is a choice between caravan or tent for example.

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated! We are specifically looking at Europe.

I have cross posted this in parenting but didn't many replies so thought I would try here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now