Anyone done extended travelling with a primary school aged child?

(3 Posts)
thesmiths88 Tue 08-Jan-13 13:25:00

As the title is really ... has anyone done any extended (i.e. 6 months/1 year) travelling with a primary school aged child? Where did you go and at what age was your child? How easy was it to get them out of school and how easy was it for them to get back into the swing of things at school again once back?

Thank you!

Seabright Tue 08-Jan-13 20:23:41

I'm currently doing it with a 4yo. We're travelling around Europe by boat. We'll have to stop in September when she starts school.

We travelled for a while with another family who where HE their 9yo DD as they travelled in their boat. They were both teachers though.

Let me know if you want to know more, or my blog at www.pershilla.blogspot.com

Mutley77 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:40:37

My concern would be that you wouldn't get them back into school if you are in a fully subscribed school. Otherwise think it would be fine - chidlren are very adaptable.

We are moving to Australia soon and my DD (age 8) will have 2-3 months out of school before starting somewhere totally new. I have very few concerns as she is adaptable and fairly confident so don't anticipate that she will struggle too much.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now