Need sun

(7 Posts)
keely79 Tue 08-Jan-13 13:15:20

Thinking of going somewhere over the February half term. Desperate for some sunshine and relatively warm seas. There are 4 of us - me, DH, DD (3) and DS (1). Budget up to £5000 (but less is always good). Prefer non-all inclusive - we like getting out and trying local foods and getting off the beaten track a bit (though less so now with the kids).

Any ideas?

Kahlua4me Wed 09-Jan-13 14:36:18

Canaries wil be warm then.
We go to Tenerife in March most years and always sunny. Nice and relaxing there and good for kids.

therugratref Wed 09-Jan-13 14:41:38

Beach resort in Dubai or South Africa or Gambia. Gambia and SA great as there is no time change

therugratref Wed 09-Jan-13 14:45:12

Cape Verde Islands also on my to do list.

Fluffy1234 Wed 09-Jan-13 16:24:11

I went to Cape Town a couple of feb half terms ago and it was an amazing family holiday. So much to do, beautiful weather, wonderful food and no jet lag. Another year we did a twin centre holiday in st Lucia. The first half we stayed near reduit beach and did lots of days out and ate at different restaurants etc and then took a taxi to Almond Smugglers Cove which is a really good family all inclusive hotel. We chilled for that part of the holiday and used the hotel facilities and watersports. We did a similar holiday one march in Cuba. We had a few day chilling in a lovely hotel and then flew to Havana and did lots of sightseeing. The DC loved the classic cars there.

gordonpym Thu 10-Jan-13 07:25:13

Not so sure about the Canaries. We just came back, until the 31th is was warm, but then cloudy and windy almost every day. Compared to the other years, it was cooler. A lot cooler.
My sister went in November and had 5 days of pouring rain.

keely79 Fri 11-Jan-13 15:08:33

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. Turns out that February half term is off (work commitments for me :-( ) but now thinking about Easter holidays - any more fab ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now