Would my friend be able to fly back from Northern Oreland with my DC's?

(9 Posts)
CestTout Tue 08-Jan-13 15:07:13

I fly with friends children from Ireland to UK and France to UK. Have had problems at Stansted once (and have done this maybe 10 times) Always carry a letter of permission, copies of parents passports and copies of childs birth certs. May be overkill but handy to have, especially if flying with easyjet/ryanair as if you get held up and miss flight you will be paying again!

hurricanewyn Tue 08-Jan-13 06:58:01

My DB took my DC back from Southern Ireland last week with no probs. I never thought of a letter, but he didn't need it.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 06:55:50

Thank you for your replies, will have a chat with her and see what she says.

OnTheBottomWithAStringOfTinsel Mon 07-Jan-13 22:16:26

My friend took my DD on hols to USA a couple of yrs ago & I got 2 letters notarised (€10 each) - one to say friend had permission to travel & one to give her permission to authorise medical treatment if needed. They were scrutinised at customs/passport control but not stopped. Might be a bit of overkill for NI though!

Pendipidy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:12:57

No . She is not crossing borders or going out of the UK. You might want to give her one for your peace of mind , though?

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:12:14

Sorry, she lives out there as does GF, they will be staying with her. I will take them over and she will bring them back later in the week.

WeAreEternal Mon 07-Jan-13 22:08:12

Why can they not fly back with you if you are flying out there anyway?

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:05:43

Sorry for spelling mistake.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:05:14

Would she need a letter?

She wants them to stay for a few days in summer holidays, I would fly over for the weekend with them, and she would fly back later in the week with her DS, my two, and DD's Godfather. They are 5 and 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now