Would my friend be able to fly back from Northern Oreland with my DC's?

(9 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:05:14

Would she need a letter?

She wants them to stay for a few days in summer holidays, I would fly over for the weekend with them, and she would fly back later in the week with her DS, my two, and DD's Godfather. They are 5 and 7.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:05:43

Sorry for spelling mistake.

WeAreEternal Mon 07-Jan-13 22:08:12

Why can they not fly back with you if you are flying out there anyway?

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 22:12:14

Sorry, she lives out there as does GF, they will be staying with her. I will take them over and she will bring them back later in the week.

Pendipidy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:12:57

No . She is not crossing borders or going out of the UK. You might want to give her one for your peace of mind , though?

OnTheBottomWithAStringOfTinsel Mon 07-Jan-13 22:16:26

My friend took my DD on hols to USA a couple of yrs ago & I got 2 letters notarised (€10 each) - one to say friend had permission to travel & one to give her permission to authorise medical treatment if needed. They were scrutinised at customs/passport control but not stopped. Might be a bit of overkill for NI though!

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 06:55:50

Thank you for your replies, will have a chat with her and see what she says.

hurricanewyn Tue 08-Jan-13 06:58:01

My DB took my DC back from Southern Ireland last week with no probs. I never thought of a letter, but he didn't need it.

CestTout Tue 08-Jan-13 15:07:13

I fly with friends children from Ireland to UK and France to UK. Have had problems at Stansted once (and have done this maybe 10 times) Always carry a letter of permission, copies of parents passports and copies of childs birth certs. May be overkill but handy to have, especially if flying with easyjet/ryanair as if you get held up and miss flight you will be paying again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now