Portinatx, Ibiza and the hotel Presidente

(11 Posts)
CamyBlue Tue 17-Sep-13 14:47:38

Some thread necromancy here, but we just came home from this hellhole and I thought I best warn people against it. The hotel is filthy and unsanitary, especially the children's rooms and the restaurant, where everything gets "washed" with the same dirty rag, tables and high chairs alike. We spent most of our holiday in the hospital with a sick baby and we were by far not the only ones. The reps didn't care one way or the other, they didn't want to warn other people about it 'cause they "didn't want too many people at their desk asking questions". The staff were rude and unhelpful, when I ask the reception to call the doctor for my daughter, only thing they cared about was that we don't let her vomit on their precious sheets!! We are now in the process of claiming a refund for this and if they refuse, we will be taking legal action against Thompson, because this was completely unacceptable.

charlearose Thu 10-Jan-13 13:46:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

loopsngeorge Thu 10-Jan-13 00:24:26

Thanks Charlearose, that's really helpful. I've seen quite a nice hotel in Es Canar - the Fiesta Cala Nova. I think I got put off Puerto San Miguel as I read that the beach was pebbly - do you know if that's right??

charlearose Wed 09-Jan-13 23:49:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyAngels Tue 08-Jan-13 11:46:42

Hi

Just wanted to add that we've been to Portinatx for the last two years in August - first to the Presidente and last year to the Grupotel Oasis. We found the Presidente pretty packed, but DD did go to the kids club once or twice and enjoyed it. We did HB not AI, and both DD and I got sick.

So we went to the Oasis last year (much better - no sickness, but only limited kids activities), and right above the small beach.

To be honest, we loved the resort as we like it small, and am looking for reasons not to go back to the Oasis this year. Can't think of any really....

Newforestpony Mon 07-Jan-13 23:45:37

We stayed . . . . . . 25 years ago and I loved it! Although that may have had something to do with the holiday romance I had there!

loopsngeorge Mon 07-Jan-13 23:41:49

Thanks for the replies - think we might have to go for somewhere a bit bigger and pay a visit to Portinatx...

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 06-Jan-13 21:10:54

.....there a couple of years ago when DS was 2. It was child friendly, esp the restaurant. DS was too young for kids club, but we did put him into the creche (paid for) which was good.

The only issue for us was the predominance of the reps playing 'games' poolside. Lots of other guests seemed to enjoy it though.

Resort is v small. Just a handful of restaurants accessed by a short-cut across the beach or road side. We did all inclusive, so we didn't really go into the resort much.

Not sure if that helps....

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 06-Jan-13 21:03:19

We stayed

AnyFucker Sun 06-Jan-13 21:00:13

I haven't been to the Presidente, but I have been to Portinatx three times. I love it there, as I do all of Ibiza. It's a tiny island so nothing is very far away from somewhere else. In fact, Portinatx (at about a 30 min drive) is about as far from the airport as it gets.

Yes, it is smaller than Pollensa, but there are two lovely beaches and plenty of bars/restaurants if that is your thing. There is water sports and a few shops. It's pretty low key but not "dead" IYSWIM. The surroundings are really stunning.

loopsngeorge Fri 04-Jan-13 21:26:17

We were on the verge of booking the Presidente but I'm a bit worried about some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor about it having gone downhill. Plus I'm wondering if the resort might be a bit small as some of them talk about it only having a couple of bars and shops, nothing else. Portinatx does look absolutely beautiful though - would love to hear from any mumsnetters who might have been there. Puerto Pollensa is my ideal Balearic resort, but we thought it might be nice to have a change!

Also, the Thomson kids clubs would be the main reason for booking this hotel but I did read that people had trouble getting their kids in in August as they were so full - has anyone had any experience of this happening? Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now