May half term - Languedoc

(8 Posts)
Portofino Sun 13-Jan-13 09:17:51

We went to the Languedoc in early June once - had a boat on the Canal du Midi and it was hot and sunny. We went to Lac des Reves at the beginning of July a couple of years back and it was not that crowded then, so I would think you would have no trouble in May. It is a lovely site, with lots to do in the near vicinity.

Mutley77 Fri 11-Jan-13 14:36:31

Just one thing - def make sure the pool is well heated or you won't be using it anyway.

Booboostoo Sun 06-Jan-13 13:26:29

It shouldn't be wet and it shouldn't be cold. It will probably be warm and may be windy.

I live in the Languedoc and the weather can vary a bit from area to area. In the autumn and spring you get the Vent d'Autan, a very strong but warm wind that gathers speed as it reaches the sea. It can last 1, 3, 6 or 9 days and it can drive you a bit nuts! By May it should have stopped although it's not a guarantee. Also there are some hilly/mountainous areas which are much cooler than the valleys so it may depend on exactly where you are going (sorry I don't recognise the name).

BadDog Sun 06-Jan-13 12:22:29

i think it might be wet - no guarantee at all

VikingVagine Sun 06-Jan-13 12:17:01

What are the dates? May is full of bank holidays here (1st & 8th) and ferias so it's actually pretty busy! I'm near Avignon.

Selks Fri 04-Jan-13 12:01:49

Its impossible to say, really depends what the weather is doing at the time. Could be hot, could be cool or raining. Nice time to go for other reasons though - less tourists, spring countryside etc.

Ruthiebabes Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:02

Sorry - Le Lac des Reves in the Languedoc

Ruthiebabes Fri 04-Jan-13 11:59:08

Thinking about a week at Le Lac Des Rives for May half term. Has anyone been this time of year- will it be relatively quiet so we have room in the pool?
Will it be warm enough?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now