Ski goggles when you wear glasses!

(7 Posts)

Hi. Taking DC skiing for the first time soon. DS (8) wears specs and is v long sighted so cannot contemplate doing activity without wearing them. He wears prescription swim and sports goggles for all usual sporting activities.

I have heard of goggles that are big enough to go over the glasses but these seem expensive. I don't anticipate doing loads of skiing so I don't really want to fork out loads and of course, he is growing all the time. His sports goggles aren't suitable because they have no UV protection in them.

Any useful tips on where to start would be helpful. Clearly, I don't want to go too cheap and have flimsy/fogging up goggles for him but I don't want to spend a fortune either!

TIA

quoteunquote Thu 03-Jan-13 15:30:39

[[http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/128/prescription-ski-goggles-mirror-lens these aren't to bad a price, the thing is when you combine googles and glasses the steaming up becomes an issue, quite distracting if you are learning.

quoteunquote Thu 03-Jan-13 15:30:59
loachey Sun 06-Jan-13 15:54:06

Maybe you could try adult goggles instead of junior goggles? They might fit over his glasses.

MrsHoarder Sun 06-Jan-13 16:07:33

Does he not have any sunglasses? DM just wears her persciption sunglasses and I often ski in sunglasses instead of googles (unless going off-peiste)

SanityClause Sun 06-Jan-13 16:14:39

Sorry, quote, do you mean that these goggles you have linked to have a steaming up problem, or just using normal ones. DH also has a steaming up problem . He uses a similar system to the one you linked to, with cycling glasses, and just puts up with the steaming up (obviously less of an issue for an adult who skis competently).

ripsishere Fri 11-Jan-13 03:30:23

DD used to ski every week before we found out she needed specs. We did buy her a mask to fit over them but she hated it.
In the end we got her a pair of big prescription sunglasses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now